News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 762     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

I've got a weed smoker in the unit below me. I can smell it in my bathroom vent.

At least your bathroom vent works. When I moved in I asked mngmt if mine was working cause I do not hear a thing when I turn it on, nor does it rid the steam from the shower. They came to my unit opened up the drop ceiling and checked it out and assured me that its working and because the installation is so well done in the building we do not hear the fans when turned on..... Really?? I even held up a paper to the fan and it did not move, so give me a break. They told me they cant fix it cause its working fine.

At least your bathroom vent works. When I moved in I asked mngmt if mine was working cause I do not hear a thing when I turn it on, nor does it rid the steam from the shower. They came to my unit opened up the drop ceiling and checked it out and assured me that its working and because the installation is so well done in the building we do not hear the fans when turned on..... Really?? I even held up a paper to the fan and it did not move, so give me a break. They told me they cant fix it cause its working fine.

I sent you a private message concerning this matter

So for those of us who have received the package for the upcoming AGM, could you maybe explain to me what is meant by the new by-law we need to vote on regarding the condos insuance deductible. The way I read it made it seem like this is a bad thing and to vote against this but maybe I am wrong. Any one else have any thoughts on this??

So for those of us who have received the package for the upcoming AGM, could you maybe explain to me what is meant by the new by-law we need to vote on regarding the condos insuance deductible. The way I read it made it seem like this is a bad thing and to vote against this but maybe I am wrong. Any one else have any thoughts on this??

I sent an e mail to the Board requesting more information on this matter. If and when I receive a reply I will let you know. My impression after reading it was that they want us to vote in favour of it but I could be wrong .

I sent an e mail to the Board requesting more information on this matter. If and when I receive a reply I will let you know. My impression after reading it was that they want us to vote in favour of it but I could be wrong .

There's also the meeting about it Wednesday night in the M2 party room...

I went to the information meeting concerning this last night and I will give you the facts and let you make up your own mind about this. Well basically what they are saying is that they ( the board ) want to transfer the buildings insurance deductible onto the individual unit owners. What this means is say the deductible for water damage is $5000 and the water from one unit overflows into the other units , instead of the building covering the $5000 it will be the responsibility of the overflowing unit to cover this $5000 insurance deductible cost . So is this a good thing ? It depends, it is good for the building but not good for the individual unit owner whose pipe burst or bathtub overflowed. If this bylaw were to pass, which is doubtful because it would take 251 to vote in favour of it and only about a dozen people showed up to the meeting, then each unit owner would have to contact and inform their own insurance agent about this change.

I went to the information meeting concerning this last night and I will give you the facts and let you make up your own mind about this. Well basically what they are saying is that they ( the board ) want to transfer the buildings insurance deductible onto the individual unit owners. What this means is say the deductible for water damage is $5000 and the water from one unit overflows into the other units , instead of the building covering the $5000 it will be the responsibility of the overflowing unit to cover this $5000 insurance deductible cost . So is this a good thing ? It depends, it is good for the building but not good for the individual unit owner whose pipe burst or bathtub overflowed. If this bylaw were to pass, which is doubtful because it would take 251 to vote in favour of it and only about a dozen people showed up to the meeting, then each unit owner would have to contact and inform their own insurance agent about this change.

Hey, I was there lastnight. I think it makes pretty logical sense and in the long run it is beneficial to us if this were to pass. Should something happen to someone now and the building paid the deductible it would just end up reflecting on all unit owners in the long run on our maintenance fees should the insurance premiums increase because of claims and lower deductibles. Our building is very new so we dont have many of these problems as of yet, but one day we will be...just my 2 cents anyways. We can get our own home insurance to cover these types of costs for basically an extra $10/year should we need to.

Hey, I was there lastnight. I think it makes pretty logical sense and in the long run it is beneficial to us if this were to pass. Should something happen to someone now and the building paid the deductible it would just end up reflecting on all unit owners in the long run on our maintenance fees should the insurance premiums increase because of claims and lower deductibles. Our building is very new so we dont have many of these problems as of yet, but one day we will be...just my 2 cents anyways. We can get our own home insurance to cover these types of costs for basically an extra $10/year should we need to.

In the long run we will end up paying either way, whether through higher maintenance fees or extra insurance premiums on our units. By the way what did you think of the fact that no one from our board bothered to show up at the meeting as was pointed out by one of the residents there ?

Thank you for clarifying. When I bought my home insurance 1.5yrs ago, I actually added the water damage so I am already paying a premium. Should i not have done that if we are currently covered under the maintenance?

Thank you for clarifying. When I bought my home insurance 1.5yrs ago, I actually added the water damage so I am already paying a premium. Should i not have done that if we are currently covered under the maintenance?

Don't change your insurance because the vote for the insurance deductible bylaw has now been postponed till September 11. Not enough residents gathered for this bylaw to pass so that's why they decided to postpone the vote till September 11. If and when this bylaw ever comes into effect I would give a copy of it to your insurance agent just to be on the safe side.

Don't change your insurance because the vote for the insurance deductible bylaw has now been postponed till September 11. Not enough residents gathered for this bylaw to pass so that's why they decided to postpone the vote till September 11. If and when this bylaw ever comes into effect I would give a copy of it to your insurance agent just to be on the safe side.

Anything else come from the meeting? And did we at least have quorum for the other votes?

Anything else come from the meeting? And did we at least have quorum for the other votes?

They did have quorum . The other thing to come out of the meeting was that the 2 candidates running for the two positions on the board were unanimously appointed since no one ran against them .
Then at the end of the meeting, during question period, one resident inquired about installing a gas line to their balcony for barbequing . The board wasn't too enthusiastic about that and said that it needs further thought concerning this matter.

Back