News   Jun 28, 2024
 4.1K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 666     1 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Did anyone go on the walk/run? I'd like to start next week too.
I really think it's a few culprits with the butts... but they do it everyday!
Same with the dog poop... once you let them get away with it, they do it everyday and it accumulates.
My dad used to throw butts back into the neighbours back yard when they would throw their butts over and they stopped. Maybe we should collect them and put it on their balcony... to send a message!

Why don't you just use the deep fryer inside?

I'll be in M3 so haven't moved in yet. Mom lives in a house but prefers to deep fry in the backyard to avoid smell in house. Just wondering if that would be an issue if done on balcony.

Are you in M2. seems that tons of people in M2 are smokers (judging this by the amount of butts I see on the lawn). I feel your pain, thankfully I don't have that problem, but the one day my neighbor underneath BBQ'd the smell went in to my unit and stayed there for a couple of hours (windows & doors where closed).

I have also seen people smoking in the underground parking lot, this is not acceptable. we need to add no smoking signs to the underground parking lot for sure.

Also people smoking in the stairways....

Are you in M2. seems that tons of people in M2 are smokers (judging this by the amount of butts I see on the lawn). I feel your pain, thankfully I don't have that problem, but the one day my neighbor underneath BBQ'd the smell went in to my unit and stayed there for a couple of hours (windows & doors where closed).

I have also seen people smoking in the underground parking lot, this is not acceptable. we need to add no smoking signs to the underground parking lot for sure.

Also people smoking in the stairways....

With the amount of cigarette butts that land on my balcony and the lit ones that seem to damage my property, I can't see how BBQ is any more dangerous then smoking outside and throwing lit cigarettes onto someone else's property. Not to mention the health risks caused by the smoke...maybe I'll just start BBQing.

I feel for you. I got a letter a while back asking to not throw cigarette butts off the side of the balcony. I'm in M1 on the 6th floor. I think everyone got one. It's kinda sad really that people don't respect each other. There where 2 letters that went around.

Yes, damn smokers, but seriously, let me know what works for you so I can replicate.

Thanks.

Hey Joe!! I think we might of figured it out. We'll know for sure tomorrow, but here's what we did. Yesterday my husband went and bought filters for the fans and wall socket draft stoppers for all the electrical just to stop anything from spewing evil. That still didn't work. So my husband turned on the fans today.
( We've had them off the pass month just cause the weather has been nice and that's when the smell starting showing up) and the room smelled perfect by the time I got home from work. Are you fans off? I really think it might be no air circulation going through the filters.

I hope that helps you. So far it seems to be working for us. Let me know :3

I don't like what I'm reading about the cigarette smokers. Firstly, some seem to be inconsiderate throwing cigarette butts on other people's balconies, smoking in the parking lot, and other public places. Secondly, it seems like the smoke from their cigarettes is travelling through the vents of the entire building and ruining the air quality for everyone. I'll be in a corner unit, I wonder if that will decrease my chances of getting smoke in my unit, unless I have smokers directly below me.

I don't like what I'm reading about the cigarette smokers. Firstly, some seem to be inconsiderate throwing cigarette butts on other people's balconies, smoking in the parking lot, and other public places. Secondly, it seems like the smoke from their cigarettes is travelling through the vents of the entire building and ruining the air quality for everyone. I'll be in a corner unit, I wonder if that will decrease my chances of getting smoke in my unit, unless I have smokers directly below me.

We're in a corner unit, and we learned that we have to have the air circulating the whole time or else smoky air comes in. Not really a big deal now that we figured it out :)

Wow, it's so shocking how many smokers we have in the building! I never even thought about how that could affect me living in a condo. Hopefully, fewer smokers in M3!

Wow, it's so shocking how many smokers we have in the building! I never even thought about how that could affect me living in a condo. Hopefully, fewer smokers in M3!

I will be moving into M3 and I don't smoke. We will just have to keep the fan going 24-7

Last edited:
the amount of butts on the grass in front of M2 is gross. lining the sidewalks up and down, butts butts butts. nasty.

i find butts on my balcony regularly which upsets me as I go out of my way to have an ash-tray out there with a secure cover on it for my guests (i don't smoke cigarettes)

i dont want to have a negative affect on my neighbours quality of life, I wish others would be as considerate

the smoking in the parking garage is also unacceptable and i see it often, always the same girls too.

I don't smoke, so maybe this is a stupid question, but don't all units have smoke detectors? If someone smokes in their unit won't it set off the smoke detector?

It looks like I'll have to keep the fans going to circulate the air and get rid of the smoke coming through my vents, or maybe there'll be no smokers in M3. Wishful thinking.

The people in this thread seem like considerate neighbours, that's good to know.

Back