Luna Condos (Concord CityPlace) - Real Estate -

it might have been touched on before, but how long do they allow for the PDI inspection?

Is the inspector that accompanies the owner to the PDI provided by Concord Cityplace? Although it seems like the inspector is very helpful in pointing out issues (from reading previous posts), I can't help but think they are biased if they are employed by the builder.

anyways, keep those PDI pics coming! a lot of the units look awesome. congrats !

it might have been touched on before, but how long do they allow for the PDI inspection?

Is the inspector that accompanies the owner to the PDI provided by Concord Cityplace? Although it seems like the inspector is very helpful in pointing out issues (from reading previous posts), I can't help but think they are biased if they are employed by the builder.

anyways, keep those PDI pics coming! a lot of the units look awesome. congrats !

The PDIs are booked in 1hr time slots so they should take roughly that long. It feels rushed but that's bc there is a lot to see and nit-pick on.

AFAIK, the inspector is a third party hired by concord. All three inspectors I've dealt with were honest and showed me the deficiencies I would not think about! Plus, the PDI does not prevent you from filling out the 30 day Tarion warranty but I guess it allows the builder to fix things before you move in!

Good luck with your PDI!

Cheers,

--majic

when we had our PDI in november I wanted to take detailed measurements of the whole place but ran out of time. The inspector told me that I could get 'blueprints' (yah right) from customer care. I was sceptical, but right after the PDI I called customer care and, surpirse surpirse, I was told that they don't have access to the floorplans outside of what's on cityplace.ca. Great! :rolleyes: but then I was told that you can schedule a 'look' appointment (15 min or so) to take some measurements then. I was told to call back in mid-December and schedule the look appointment. They had 2-3 days before Chrsitmas and then 2-3 days in the new year. I chose the latter. It was rushed (15 min isn't nearly enough) but I got majority of what I needed.

I don't think that there are any more appointments/time slots available before move-in date but it doesnt hurt to call customer care and find out.

From what I was told, Luna (building Q) is pretty much done with PDIs and the inspectors were getting a walkthrough of Luna Vista (building R) and PDIs would have started mid last week.

FYI - the townhouses and the units below the penthouses were the crappiest in quality becasue they were running late so they were rushed.. it's all hearsay but those owners may want to have a finer comb during the initial 30 day warranty.

Thanks for the info Maj.

Done ordering/buying all your furniture yet? ;);)

Was able to book a "Look" appointment for this week. You get 15 min to review your suite and do what you need to do. We'll be double checking our measurements and also taking pictures of things we missed the first time around.

Hi everyone,

This thread has been very helpful! I have my PDI scheduled for Feb 3 but unfortunately, I live in Vancouver and due to the Olympics in town, I am unable to make it to Toronto. Do you think I would still be able to do an inspection if I miss my original PDI?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Ying Ying =)

Hi everyone,

This thread has been very helpful! I have my PDI scheduled for Feb 3 but unfortunately, I live in Vancouver and due to the Olympics in town, I am unable to make it to Toronto. Do you think I would still be able to do an inspection if I miss my original PDI?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Ying Ying =)

contact Concord Adex and tell them why you can't make it ... they should be able to reschedule.

does anyone have pictures of an 05 unit at the luna vista building ?

I personally do not have pics of that unit however on the Luna website the three pictures they have is similar to that unit. It was the model suite at the time just in a small armount of sq. feet.

Hope this helps,

Mella

Isn't that the O6 model? I have purchased an 06 and its the same orientation... I figured the 05 would be the reverse...

I had my PDI for an 06 unit at the end of January and everything worked out... had about 2 1/2 pages of blemish/imperfections... one major issue was our dishwasher did not get any water to it! a little wired in my opinion.

Overall there weren't to many major problems, but felt that the construction was a little rushed... door frames were not 90 degrees (weird angles) some the the walls that jet out were not square... but in all the inspector ensured me that all that is quite fixable.

AS for the suit itself, I was overall happy with the layout and how it turned out... only issue it the Master bedroom will be a bit of a challenge to furnish as we have a patio door on one of the walls, so we can only place a bed along the narrow part of the room.

Anyone have any good recommendations for small place furniture, particularly for bedrooms? took a look through Ikea the other day and it was quite disappointing.

Also I had purchased one of the Tandem parking spaces and the location is actually pretty good... not to far off the doors to the elevator... Not sure where my locker will be but I was shocked that we could not see where it is. Might actually be in the neighbouring building form what I gather on this thread.

Really excited though, move in for me is April 1st.... lol... what a great IO Date!!!

http://www.yourhome.ca/homes/column...do-critic-cityplace-proving-its-critics-wrong

ARCHITECTURE
Condo Critic: Cityplace proving its critics wrong
March 13, 2010
Christopher Hume

Cityplace has its fair share of detractors, but the fact is that it appears ready to become one of the most successful planned neighbourhoods in Toronto.

Development of the old railway lands started on the east side of Spadina and now continues on the west. Clearly, the lessons learned on the former were applied on the latter. Though there's much skepticism about this sort of urban mega-development, Cityplace seems to be getting it right.

As much as anything, this success is based on a solid understanding on the importance of the public realm. Much remains to be finished, but the attention to public amenities such as sidewalks, parks and even architecture has already made a difference.

Certainly, Cityplace will not be another St. James Town in terms of what's going on at street level. At Cityplace, roads are connected and sidewalks lined with planters. There are even a few small squares and public art pieces. The quality of the planning is matched by the quality of the architecture, which is remarkably sophisticated.

The most obvious problem is that of Spadina, which bisects the site. Where it meets Bremner Blvd./Fort York Dr., Spadina is fully nine lanes wide, seven for cars, two for streetcars. The reason, of course, is that Spadina has been turned into an on/off ramp for the Gardiner Expressway and Lake Shore Blvd.

Why the city would allow such a use in an area set aside for residential development remains a mystery. It looks like another example of trying to have it both ways; clearly, the idea was to allow the suburbanization of Toronto to continue while accommodating urban intensification.

At some point, the city will have to decide in which direction it wants to go.

Condo Critic

LUNA, 8 TELEGRAM MEWS: With this project, the much-praised "Vancouver model" comes to Toronto. The block-sized complex consists of two towers, 38 and 18 storeys, sitting atop a podium building that includes townhouses and retail. The lower section does all the hard work, defining the context and creating a streetscape.

The materials, glass and brick, seem appropriate for a complex that is contemporary but which also inhabits land that comes out of Toronto's industrial past.

One also can't help but admire the architecture, which, without being precious, manages to be engaging both on street level and from farther afield. Though some of the balconies are handled awkwardly, these buildings bring a nice sculptural quality to the skyline.

The wooden fences and dividers that run along the fronts of the townhouses add a bit of warmth to the place. Of course, everything here is still brand new; planters await planting and trees have yet to take root. A pathway extending along the north side of the site succeeds in incorporating the railway tracks into the whole; it becomes almost scenic.

Though there are no mountains in the distance and Lake Ontario is too far to see, Cityplace has a definite Vancouver feel, most obviously in the tower-on-a-base approach but also in the acceptance of towers. In a situation like this, the issue is to figure out how the building meets grade.

In St. James Town, highrises shoot out of the ground and continue upwards until they stop, abruptly. In Vancouver, the towers don't meet the ground directly; the transition is more sensitively handled by the podium.

One can't help but wonder about the wisdom of lining these streets with residential buildings instead of retail, but there can be no doubt Cityplace is an emerging neighbourhood, not simply a collection of condo towers.

GRADE: A

Back