Luna Condos (Concord CityPlace) - Real Estate -

That grass is most definitely dead!

Red backsplash in the kitchen? That's a design no-no! (Anything that is a reminder of fire, is bad luck. You want green, yellow, white, magenta, etc. Not red.)

bad luck? other than stupid superstitions, is there any legitimate reason why a red backsplash is bad? i think it looks pretty slick...

and +1 on the carpet. I would absolutely hate to have anything other than carpet in my bedroom and living room. makes everything feel more cozy.

I think it's a great pad with a great view! At least the view is guaranteed with the park, as opposed to towers blocking the view down the road. I'm sure on a nice day there will be lots of activity to watch.

We can diss the taste and style of architects and developers... but poorly chosen finishes are off limits? Grow up folks.

When did this become the place to debate finishes, or even personal interiors for that matter? He posted it to show us his view and his unit, not to start a debate on finishes. Plus, we don't "DISS" architects here-- the point is that we discuss it. You are the one who "dissed" this guy's home.

Also, if this were a place where we did such critiques of users' condos, we certainly wouldn't do it as insensitively as you did.

Regardless of FORUM courtesy and rules, it's everyday courtesy not to comment on someone's home the way you did. And I'm sure the blind wouldn't appreciate your comment much more. Now run along back to your perfect CASA view & finishes.

Last edited:
Excuse me but....this site was never intended for critiques on someone's personal space unless they were asking for opinions. Maybe you'd like to post photos of your home so that we may openly comment.

Fellas, when you post something on a public forum you automatically become vulnerable to public critique. As long as you don't attack another person directly in regards to their sexuality, skin color, sex etc. then I don't see a need for such censorship. Yes, the choice of finishes in that particular unit are poor and yes that is my opinion. Everyone will have a different opinion and that's fine. In fact, that's what's great about public forums such as these - everyone puts in their two cents! Don't underestimate the power of opinion. If someone doesn't want to be critiqued then don't post pictures of their unit on here, post them on facebook where only your friends can view them and say "nice" things about it - it's that simple. :)

Fellas, when you post something on a public forum you automatically become vulnerable to public critique.

The last time I checked, normal rules of decency and politeness still apply anywhere. Just because people can say something, it doesn't mean that they should. We're all, for the most part, grownups on this forum, so we should be able to exercise some restraint.

Eh, I like the Luna finishes. The red is a little loud for me, but I'm a pretty boring dude.

I also didn't appreciate the bashing of the photos. It's one thing to disagree with someone and give your opinion, but it's a whole other thing to get downright mean about it. Last time I checked, most condos have carpeting in the bedroom.

Thanks for the pics stunnaman...we rarely get interior pics on here so it's deff. appreciated when people post them.

It's not a good idea to openly criticize someone's private space. A big part of Urban Toronto is sharing opinions about local architecture, but the idea is to talk about the exterior visible to the public and common spaces inside. Criticism in this case should be done with sensitivity, unless the person specifically asks for open critiques. I mean, how would you feel if someone visited your place and started telling you about how bad your choices of finishes are when everything's already installed? Would you even say that to a seller if you were on the market?

In the end, a modern condo interior is hardly permanent and can easily be changed. It's private space. I don't understand why people fuss about the finishes a developer offers. Developers need to sell unfinished units, so that consumers have greater freedom of choice.

It's because some people, specifically some on this forum, get off to the internal pleasure achieved by bashing someone else's interior decor choices. I've been told it's quite the phenomenon, though I've yet to try it myself. I agree that stronger criticism is more suited to the exterior and overall aesthetics of a development.

Besides, I personally prefer attacking musical taste (or lack thereof). Feels far more justified.

Ladies, Ladies, please, I'm sorry I ever mentioned the carpet. For what it's worth; It's a nice, spacious condo, although I wouldn't have chosen the finishes.

I'm sure stunnaman is a big boy and can deal with someone not necessarily agreeing with his choice of carpeting. Plus, to be honest, I didn't assume it was his condo in the first place. He just said it was a unit.

Anyway, seriously guys... there are bigger issues in the world. Try and direct some of this energy towards something a little more worthwhile.

Plus... SPIRE... I mean, you call the building "ghastly", and then start getting all pious when I mention the carpeting... that's quite hypocritical, no?

Last edited:
Did a blind person choose the finishes? Cuz I'm thinking you'd have to be blind to enjoy living in that unit and looking at that view of the next tower.

No offence to the blind intended.
I agree the criticism has been unnecessary and in poor taste. However I also agree that this is an internet forum and poor taste is (sadly) what internet forums are all about. Take them for what they're worth. If nothing else the posts help give us a better picture of our fellow forum-posters. Case-in-point: poster I've quoted must live a pretty miserable life..

Wow. This is truly surprising. I can't believe the hyper-sensitive nature of some of you.

Perhaps I was somewhat harsh when criticizing the unit (it was presented as a random unit and not the poster's own unit). It was simply my strong personal opinion on what is most certainly very questionable taste. My apologies if I hurt an anonymous poster's feelings.

There. That's all we wanted from you.

4grand, I never called Luna ghastly. I think the interior entrance courtyard for cars is just that-- but I've complimented the rest of the structure on many occasions. Plus, I think I can criticize an architect's work-- their job is to please. I would know. But someone's interior is another matter, and I think we need to be sensitive to the owners' feelings.

Anyways, I think we can get back on track now.

the unit is hardwood throughout... shitty blackberry photo doesn't show this.

I should have taken a pic of the bathrooms... really cool sink units.

hahahaha, I love the haters. KEEP HATING. Probably some loser basement dwellers living in AJAX.

Back