Luna Condos (Concord CityPlace) - Real Estate -

I probably wouldn't be allowed to drill into the ceiling without permission by the builder right?

the builder has no say in what you do to your home after you close.

I understand that, but if I am playing with building's wiring in order to install a ceiling light, I figured I might be stepping beyond what is legally my property.

i don't believe that is correct.

urbanite is talking about drilling into the ceiling looking for electrical wires that may or may not be there.

urbanite is talking about drilling into the ceiling looking for electrical wires that may or may not be there.

If that's the case, then don't. If the electrical box is not visible in the ceiling, then it doesn't exist. It's illegal to bury a junction box.
If you want to drill a hole in order to hang something from the ceiling, you don' tneed permission.
Once again, after you've closed, the builder is out of the picture, you may have to answer to your BOD, not the builder.

but if I am playing with building's wiring in order to install a ceiling light,

If the wiring is there, you'll have to "play with it" in order to install the light fixture. This is expected.

Hi. New poster here. Thought I'd answer some questions I've seen on the forum.

Yep, I'm sure about the parking in the Montage. We did our PDI yesterday and did not upgrade to the premium parking. Our spot is on P2 of the Montage, which is connected to P2 of Luna via two doors and a very short hallway. Also, our storage locker (which isn't assigned yet) will be of the wire variety, not the closed in ones like the premium spots. Our inspector showed us the storage lockers, but of course, not the one assigned to us. They're a pretty good size.

All in all we were very pleased with what we saw yesterday. We picked the grey colour scheme and our floors are very dark brown. Apparently though, over 1/2 the building chose the red scheme.

Confusing. Had no idea there was any connection between Luna and Montage, given a street divides them.

Wonder how this impacts maintenance costs, as Neo and Montage pay for the maintenance of that parking lot.

Last edited:
Think cookie cutter mentality.

You have a few colour schemes you can choose from. Concord does not allow you to mix and match. So while the laminate flooring on the "Green-Grey" package is darker, if you chose the "Red" package, you're stuck with the lighter flooring.

Here is the colour schemes for Luna.

Thanks for posting that, makes a little more sense now. I'm surprised that they actually get away with that. I suppose on the one hand everything should match and the process won't stress you out, but still.

Based upon the above, if I had to choose one of the three it'd be the one in the middle for sure.

Thanks for posting that, makes a little more sense now. I'm surprised that they actually get away with that. I suppose on the one hand everything should match and the process won't stress you out, but still.

Based upon the above, if I had to choose one of the three it'd be the one in the middle for sure.

problem is... I like the granite better with option#1.

problem is... I like the granite better with option#1.

Yep, each one has components that I like better which is why I find this whole thing so strange.

So were you able to upgrade anything if you didn't like it, or was it all standard and no upgrades as well?

Yep, each one has components that I like better which is why I find this whole thing so strange.

So were you able to upgrade anything if you didn't like it, or was it all standard and no upgrades as well?

yes, -but I bought @ X. Was able to select a lot of options, -but it came at a (big) cost.

I guess at least with Cityplace, -it limits how much you can spend on upgrades.

No. Thats not why. Let's face it. Cityplace suites were built with investors in mind. Investors who purchase the building with intention of reselling them via assignment or rent them out. They generally do not care to pick out the interiors since they won't be living there themselves. Most of these investors have multiple properties so you can imagine the time involved to pick out interiors for each suite.

My sister bought at iLoft and they have a long list of upgrades. They allow you swap one item for a standard cost of $250. So if you wanted a different colour for the cabinets, you can swap them for an admin fee. I wish Cityplace allowed us to do this.

In regards to the flooring being too light for the "Red" scheme. I'm not sure about that one. You have to remember that Majic's pictures were taken with direct sunlight from the south. Anything in the sunlight will appear washed out and light. My PDI is in December so I'll confirm how it looks like in natural light. Just something to keep in mind.

yes, -but I bought @ X. Was able to select a lot of options, -but it came at a (big) cost.

Yup, I recently did my upgrades and spent just over $10K, and my condo comes pretty upgraded as is (standard granite, marble, engineered hardwood, undermount sinks, stainless appliances, etc.).

Move in date

To all of you that have had your PDI or have it scheduled for December ,when is your move in date? I have my occupancy date for mid April but have yet to receive a package about my PDI. Is your date also in April or before?

To all of you that have had your PDI or have it scheduled for December ,when is your move in date? I have my occupancy date for mid April but have yet to receive a package about my PDI. Is your date also in April or before?

My move in date is mid-March and my PDI is next week. It would make sense that you would have gotten your PDI package by now. I would call Customer Care to ensure that your package is coming your way.

Pdi

My move in date is mid-March and my PDI is next week. It would make sense that you would have gotten your PDI package by now. I would call Customer Care to ensure that your package is coming your way.

Spoke to a customer care rep today and they said that packages for people living in Luna Vista will be mailed out sometime next week.

13. dining area and second bedroom.. the sliding doors are clear glass (supposedly bc of code?) but we don't care since it will make the place look more spacious and it'll be an office anyway.. we may frost them at one point for privacy if we have people staying over

I had my PDI today and my bedroom sliding door is frosted. I asked my inspector about why some are frosted and some are clear glass in other units and she said that only bedrooms with windows have frosted sliding doors. Odd.

Back