Luna Condos (Concord CityPlace) - Real Estate -

Well, the example I can give is that I moved in near mid Dec. My PDI was sometime in Nov. I've read some people complained they moved in sometime Sept and had to pay occupancy fees for so long because of the delayed closing due to the bridge issue. Hence, I deduct that people moved in before all PDIs were completed.

Is it standard practice for a builder to perform PDI's for all suites prior to allowing the first occupancies? I've never heard of that before.

For Neo & Montage, I believe just about all the PDIs were done prior to first occupancy. If I recall there was a 2-3 month gap between my PDI and my occupancy.

For Neo & Montage, I believe just about all the PDIs were done prior to first occupancy. If I recall there was a 2-3 month gap between my PDI and my occupancy.

Looks like Luna will follow suit which makes sense since it is totally unfair for lower level residents to move in and start paying Occupancy fees for a half ready building.

Spoke to the lady at the Customer Care Centre today and I asked her about the early PDI dates well in advance of the occupancy dates. She said that many people have been asking about that and she admitted that it is not common practice, but apparently, there are 2 other buildings waiting for PDIs so Luna owners have to complete theirs earlier in order to fit in the others.

The lady expects that final registration will be 4 to 6 months after occupancy.....we'll see about that one...

Also, I'm a first time home owner and I would appreciate if anyone has comments/advice on the PDI process. It seems relatively straight forward, in terms of what I should be looking out for. But is there anything that is often overlooked and becomes a problem later on? And do we get the opportunity to inspect our lockers?

Thanks!

[For the PDI] is there anything that is often overlooked and becomes a problem later on?!

Airflow is an important one that often gets over looked. Believe it or not but bad caulking around the toilet can result in destroyed hardwood in the hallway as air will be sucked from around the toilet plumbing instead of under the bathroom door; allowing damp air to exit the bathroom under the bathroom door and condensation to build on the hardwood.

Same deal for oven vent with steamy pot water.

I was down at the Luna site at 5:30PMish last night and I saw the crews taking apart the service elevator on the south side. Looks you like owners will be using the stairs or the lobby elevators to do their PDIs.

The Luna townhouses are no where near completion as I was able to look into the ones on the east side facing Montage. The floor unfinished and the kitchen is half done.

I got my PDI date on the Luna Villas tower and it is sometime in December. That is still one whole month away and plenty of time for crews to finish up.

Luna pdi

I bought the Luna Podium in march, 2006. Had my PDI this past tuesday. I was quiet impressed. Very few deficiencies, great layout, standard included very modern and atraction kitchen cabinet and appliances. Overall qualities were excellent. Very comparable to the unit i owned at quantum by Minto(YONGE/EGLINTON). I have pictures, but not handy at loading them up.

I bought the Luna Podium in march, 2006. Had my PDI this past tuesday. I was quiet impressed. Very few deficiencies, great layout, standard included very modern and atraction kitchen cabinet and appliances. Overall qualities were excellent. Very comparable to the unit i owned at quantum by Minto(YONGE/EGLINTON). I have pictures, but not handy at loading them up.

Go to ImageShack.us and just upload them there. Then post them here.

Is the fridge stainless steel? How does everything else look like?

LUNA Interior

I selected the model suite package as displayed at cityplace.ca. Everything looks the same as that, except the fridge is stainless steel look alike (was told that it wasn't stainless steel by PDI rep. the model suite is miele upgrade for $3,000), and the 2 top off-white kitchen cabinet is slightly creamy colour instead. I'm glad that i didn't upgrade to miele. I was worry of getting the plain ugly all white appliance. Only washer and dryer are white. Dimensions and layout were according to floorplan. Don't know how to load up pictures. Exactly the same as model suite minus miele and plus stainless steel look alike. Hope it's help!

Luna PDI pictures

Go to ImageShack.us and just upload them there. Then post them here.

Is the fridge stainless steel? How does everything else look like?

Rob,

You've gotta be patient ;)

I had my PDI on Friday and although we found a bunch of mistakes/fixes that needed to be addressed, overall we are pretty happy with how the unit turned out. It seemed small at first but I guess that's what happens when you buy from plans and are used to living in a 2500 sq ft house. The finishes aren't high quality luxury ones but they are livable with. Paint feels cheap/rushed (almost like it's primed only) but we'll be most likely re-painting many of the walls once they fix the stuff up.

here are the pictures (sorry i need a UWA lens - all i got was a 17mm) - i had no time to compose because wer were already going over so they are just quick snaps..

1. Hallway as you walk in through the front door:
dsc5166.jpg

2. Bathroom
dsc5167.jpg

3. And from inside of the bathroom
dsc5168.jpg

4. Coat closet - surprisingly deep and it has mirrors - BONUS
dsc5169.jpg

5. Ensuite and me
dsc5170.jpg

6. Fixtures (in baths and kitchen) - again plesantly surprised
dsc5171.jpg

7. Master bedroom - funny shape b/c it includes a 'den'.. also the reason we have a ceiling light.. normally bedrooms do not have lighting
dsc5172.jpg

8. Master bedroom closet - CHEAP sliding doors; think the backing of an IKEA bookcase.. will need to get replaced with mirrors perhaps
dsc5173p.jpg

9. I can see the lake (till they put up TCHC)..
dsc5174.jpg

10. .. and the park / field
dsc5176.jpg

11. Shot of the balcony from the master's second doorway.. the balcony wasn't finished so we couldn't go outside
dsc5175.jpg

12. kitchen - the red dots are the imperfections noted during PDI.. our suite was eligible for a free upgrade of the fridge so we took it - miele with cupboard finishes integrates nicely with the rest of the cabinetry.. the floor could also have been darker but area rugs will cover up most of it.. oh well couldn't separate it from the pre-set colouring schemes (there were 3 to choose from)
dsc5177.jpg

13. dining area and second bedroom.. the sliding doors are clear glass (supposedly bc of code?) but we don't care since it will make the place look more spacious and it'll be an office anyway.. we may frost them at one point for privacy if we have people staying over
dsc5179.jpg

14. washer/dryer - meh.. supposedly they upgraded the water lines/hoses to some stainless steel cased ones..
dsc5181.jpg

15. door of our suite - felt solid.. not bad
dsc5185.jpg

16. the hallway - very bright and decent finishes/accents
dsc5186.jpg

17. recycling shute..
dsc5190u.jpg

18. .. and garbage...
dsc5191.jpg

19. premium parking with lockers at the back - lockers were locked but the PDI rep said they were huge (for locker size) and they seem to be large enough from looking at where the doors are.. no chicken wire but real walls - BONUS
dsc5195.jpg

20. my parking spot - security parked it there a bit crooked but you can see the spot is of decent size.. it's also very close to the elevators - definitely worth the $3K upgrade in retrospect.. lots of lockers and/or parking spaces are in another building :eek:
dsc5192.jpg

21. concierge desk - clean and simple; security guys were *super* nice that day.. lets hope this continues
dsc5200.jpg

22. sitting area - same as above
dsc5201.jpg

23. elevator hallway - looks nice
dsc5203.jpg

24. looks like there are two levels of parking
dsc5204.jpg

25. inside of the elevator - the mirrors are a bit high - great for my height but wife can't see herself in them :p .. she gets her height mirror as seen on the left of pic 23 on the way out of the elevator
dsc5206q.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics Majic....congratulations, overall a very nice suite with nice finishes. You are right, the floor colour should have been a shade or two darker to match the colour of the kitchen and bathroom cabinets. Also that kitchen is nice but it is dying for a nice big island to finish off the overall look. The colour scheme throught the hallway and the lighting, elevators, parking, lobby with sitting area look very nice as well. Somehow with all the complaints I've heard about city place buildings on this forum, I was expecting a much shabbier product.

PDI Pics

Hey,

I am not a condo suite expert but I think it looks very nice! I agree with the island for the kitchen but that can come in time if you wish. Can't wait for my PDI. :D May I ask you what the sq.footage is of your unit?

Great pics Maj! I'm jealous how big your suite is! I'm a little disappointed that the bedroom closet door aren't made of transparent glass as it was shown in the demo suite. I also thought the flooring would be darker. The $3K parking upgrade was really worth it. :D

lockers

Will all lockers be located right behind the parking space? Or is it only for those that got the premium parking?

Back