Luna Condos (Concord CityPlace) - Real Estate -

I think this block is where the other TCHC Tower+Community Center is going.. to the chagrin of West One/N2 residents. Pretty sure the open space will be somewhat fused with the rest of the park though.

I didn't know that TCHC was building a tower in amognst cityplace buildings. Did you have a link to more information either in this forum or another? is this the same space we are talking about? (south of luna, and west of 11 Brunel)

They musn't have been too bright. The Telus internet available at Cityplace is a legitimate and uncapped 100Mb/s connection - and for those who care, it most certainly is a bragging point.
Sit back and ask yourself what value your snarky comments have added to the discussion.

majic already addressed this question in a mature manner on the previous page and my perceptions of the service quality have been changed. I even expressed a desire for Telus to expand to other areas. So tell me: where is the value in your post? Convince me that it isn't completely worthless. Go on, defend your post! Do it!

I didn't know that TCHC was building a tower in amognst cityplace buildings. Did you have a link to more information either in this forum or another? is this the same space we are talking about? (south of luna, and west of 11 Brunel)
There's a thread about it here where you can watch pathetic idiots complain about "poor people" moving into their neighoburhood:

http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?7564-TCHC-Block-31-Development-(CityPlace-43-9s-MJMA-aA)

The TCHC tower will be built on block 31, which is the lot on the southwest corner of Fort York Blvd & Brunel, so it will be directly west of WestOne/N1+N2 and south of Luna. It's tentatively 43 storeys, but it might have been shortened a bit.

Sit back and ask yourself what value your snarky comments have added to the discussion.

majic already addressed this question in a mature manner on the previous page and my perceptions of the service quality have been changed. I even expressed a desire for Telus to expand to other areas. So tell me: where is the value in your post? Convince me that it isn't completely worthless. Go on, defend your post! Do it!
Fair enough.

When I first moved in to CityPlace the fastest internet available from Rogers (their "extreme" package) was about $60 per month, and was about 7Mb/s. Telus internet is a legitimate 100Mb/s, and was available for $30 for the first 6 months and then $50 after that. So it was a complete no-brainer.

Fast forward several years, and I believe the fastest package from Rogers is about 20Mb/s available only in certain areas, and costs around $70 per month (have to double-check those numbers... but somewhere around there). So again, it's still not remotely close.

That's just the tip of the ice-berg though. Telus' internet bandwidth is dedicated per-suite... whereas Rogers bandwidth is saturated depending on how many others share your node, and the load they are putting on it. Meaning that even with Rogers' extreme package, their advertised speeds are the MOST you will ever get, not the average. Whereas with Telus, it's a 100Mb/s dedicated connection per suite.

Most importantly, Rogers bandwidth is capped AND throttled. Downloading things like torrents are horrendously slow, because Rogers uses traffic-shaping to reduce the speeds of this type of downloading. Even worse, a few years back Rogers imposed a monthly bandwidth cap of 60GB (you probably read about this in the news). Meaning that regardless of how fast your connection is, once you've downloaded 60GB, they start charging you for additional bandwidth.

Telus internet at CityPlace is truly unlimited. There is no throttling whatsoever, and absolutely no bandwidth caps. They are really the only provider in Ontario (and possibly all of Canada) to offer this.

Anyone who actually cares about internet speeds drops their jaw when they see mine. There is simply no comparing it to anything else in Canada. Even when you read about these groundbreaking new fiber-to-the-house technologies they are rolling out in the states and other places in the world, they STILL don't comapre to the speeds that CityPlace users get. We're really spoiled. I realize it's only available to a very small portion of people in Toronto... but for some it's actually a major selling point for CityPlace.

As for your "has it improved over time" question... I can't really answer that. I've been getting 100Mb/s since day 1 (believe me I have tested it thoroughly).

I probably would have gone with the middle option but that's just my personal opinion. My friends just moved into their unit a few weeks ago and I was by over the weekend, they chose the red backsplash option as well and I liked everything but the red back splash. However I can appreciate the appeal and/or the lessor of three evils aspect.

Does anybody have pictures and/or information about the amenities at Luna? The only info I found was on the Luna website and its pretty sparse.

Does anybody have pictures and/or information about the amenities at Luna? The only info I found was on the Luna website and its pretty sparse.

the property management sent out a may newsletter.. in it they say that amenities will be opening 'soon' .. the rooftop pool is scheduled closer to the summer so June/July? Having said that, the cards room, billiards room and the kitchen looked like they were ready mid-March..

aaaannddd the amenities are now open.. this includes the pool and the bbq on the rooftop, bbq and cabanas in the courtyard, the gym, yoga studio, saunas (one in each change room), billiards, card room.. the party room, theatre and the guest rooms will be opening later (TBD)

so far they all look great.. lets just see how long they will remain this way..

oh btw, I just received notice of building registration.. mine, and presumably everyone else's would be July 20th so check with your lawyers.. 4 months isn't bad at all

it's a nice building.. too bad the walls are paper thin

hmm - the actual wall thickness is probably standard - lack of insulation maybe - is it mainly upstair neighbors or side / below ?

it's a nice building.. too bad the walls are paper thin

Nice building? Don't be fooled by all these glossy images. I went to look at 6 units at Luna a few days ago with my agent and the craftsmanship is the worst I've seen out of all the current Cityplace buildings. Sloppy paint job, paint on carpets in units and in hallways, horribly finishes on kitchen cabinets (the varnish sticks to your hands), walls are chalky with water stains and lots of imperfections on the ceiling as well, horrible smell everywhere and lots of other issues. I couldn't believe it. The whole place is a disaster from a quality stand point. I have to agree that the complex itself looks nice from the outside (from a certain distance) because when you look up close you see lots and lots of issues as well.

here it comes...

I have nothing against Cityplace in general. I've always defended it in terms of how many good things it's done for the city so I'm definitely not in the "cityplace hater" category. I even owned a unit in one of the buildings at one point in time. But I gotta say I was thoroughly disappointed with Luna since I was looking to get a unit there. No wonder so many owners want to get rid of their units there asap.

I have nothing against Cityplace in general. I've always defended it in terms of how many good things it's done for the city so I'm definitely not in the "cityplace hater" category. I even owned a unit in one of the buildings at one point in time. But I gotta say I was thoroughly disappointed with Luna since I was looking to get a unit there. No wonder so many owners want to get rid of their units there asap.

Hey, it's not that I disagree with you... but I was just preparing myself for the Cityplace vs. Quality debate that we've had oh so many times on this board. LOL

Hey, it's not that I disagree with you... but I was just preparing myself for the Cityplace vs. Quality debate that we've had oh so many times on this board. LOL

I completely agree with you. We've heard this debate too many times already. The only reason why I brought it up is because the quality of craftsmanship at Luna is probably the worst I've ever seen anywhere period. I just had to say something about it! :D

Back