News   Oct 02, 2024
 234     0 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 350     0 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 441     0 

Love your Spacing TTC Buttons? Now buy the OFFICIAL ones!!

299 bloor call control.

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is just embarrassing.. for the company behind it and for the TTC. It's a blatant attempt to rip off Spacing's subway buttons and and horribly bastardized attempt that it.

bt1.jpg
bt2.jpg
bt3.jpg
bt4.jpg
bt5.jpg
bt6.jpg
bt7.jpg
bt8.jpg
bt9.jpg

http://www.legacysportswear.com/ttccatalog.asp?category=Accessories&product_type=Buttons

Check out their "new" website too:
http://www.legacysportswear.com/

From their FAQ:

Question ...
Who is Legacy Sportswear Inc. ?
Answer ..... Legacy Sportwear is a full service, marketing and design manufacturer and distributor of quality sportswear and promotional products.

Question ...
Why is Legacy Sportswear producing souvenirs for the City of Toronto and the TTC ?
Answer ..... President, Rick Ferri believes in a personal commitment and dedication to any given project.
so using stock merchandise and slapping the TTC logo on anything and everything is "commitment and dedication"?
When the City of Toronto requested tenders for the project, Rick really wanted to be involved and make a contribution to this colourful and fun project.
none of the products are that colourful.. they are fun though... to make fun of.

Question ...
Does anyone else make souvenir products as well ?
Answer ..... Legacy Sportswear is the sole licensee of the official TTC souvenirs. Legacy Sportswear worked hard to win the contract and met certain conditions imposed by the City of Toronto and the TTC regarding quality of merchandise and Canadian content regulations.
uhh.. quality, eh? we should call David and Adam up on this one.

Spacing's buttons are $1 compared to Legacy's $2. And they have the complete set - they grace my cubicle wall!

They are bad. I just don't get some of them - like Kennedy or Bloor. And why not even use the TTC font?

Hmmmm.....

I don't like how "Toronto's Underground" is written on it. I don't actually want that anywhere on TTC stuff. The remaining elements of the design are okay, but many of the choices of station graphics don't work.
I don't understand the Bloor graphic. Is it supposed to be that "Move down please!" sign?
St. George is good.
The rest I can make sense of, but could be much better.

The skydome/CN one looks like some kind of mosque, and what's with the "toronto underground" ?? Who calls it that? These are just... there are no words.

:eek:

Effin' brutal. Looks like they were designed by a person whose only sense is hearing.

How are companies like that able to stay in business? Was the tender to which their FAQ refers heavily weighted towards pity as a determining factor?

Back