How do you feel about Ford

• Love Ford

Votes: 18 12.8%
  • Hate Ford

Votes: 113 80.1%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 10 7.1%

• Total voters
Ford ruined Transit City, is recklessly spending money ($200,000) to make my street Jarvis unsafe to cycle on to appease self-centred drivers, and is foolishly attempting to overturn years of planning on the waterfront. He only seems to listen (e.g., public libraries) when his inane plans lead to massive public outcry. He uses procedural tactics to thwart discussion (e.g., items added to the agenda without notice) and where possible denies public participation.

That mayor's gone now. This mayor campaigned for transparent government and is now using the same tactics as the mayor before. A previous wrong should not be a precedent.

Sounds just like the previous mayor, no?
Sounds nothing like our previous mayor. Our previous mayor was very approachable - was frequently seen in public places, on public transit. He'd talk to anyone. He'd respond to tweets, both publicly and by DM. This isn't the impression I get from our current mayor.

I was talking specifically about using procedural tactics to thwart discussion and/or changing agenda items with little or no notice. If you don't think that happened plenty under Miller, you weren't paying attention.

I was talking specifically about using procedural tactics to thwart discussion and/or changing agenda items with little or no notice. If you don't think that happened plenty under Miller, you weren't paying attention.

OK, I'll bite. When did Miller do this? On what topics? I don't remember this at all. I remember a stupid-assed fight with the Harbour Commission he lost in spades, and I remember an amazingly ham-handed PR blitz around the garbage strike which turned people who were neutral to annoyed about him into a fire-breathing Ford Nation. I also remember him spending a ridiculous amount time actually answering Ford's (and his fellow travelers) questions with an appropriate amount of condenscion and vitriol -- because the questions were asinine.

He's an incompetent blowhard buffoon who should not be trusted to run a hot dog stand, let alone the biggest and most relevant city in the country.

I would use the word hate, since he took the city I love and put it back 5 years already, and will most likely undo all the progress we gained under Miller, and then some.

FYI I am not a lefty "pinko", I am generally center-right and I am technically a "905er".

Back