London on the Esplanade Condos (Cityzen) - Real Estate -

Actually, we are getting a concierge. It was allotted for in the new budget which is part of the reason the condo fees went up... that and HST.

With the 10% increase we're actually sitting where we should be at around 50c a sq ft. , especially with all the amenities we have.

If they don't drain and winterize the pool soon we can all go skating on the 'cement pond" this winter.

Anyone else notice the really annoying mechanical hum that keeps going on and off for the past week on the north-west side of the building? It's waking me up at all times of night. I wonder where it's coming from. St. Lawrence Centre ceiling heating maybe?

It was coming from the end of Scott Lane. Some kind of vacuum contraption I think, coming out of a truck parked back there. I think its gone now.
..And you are are right. It was annoying as hell, but at least it drowned out that poor left alone mutt that barks constantly. I have no idea (yet) where it is coming from. I hear it through the heat vent grate. Its not loud but it is almost constant. I imagine it must be hell for those occupants on whatever floor its coming from. (west tower)

Well I hope it vacumned out that awful smell of rotting whatever coming from the sewers in this area, but I highly doubt it. Glad to finally get a good night's sleep though!

Has anyone rented out the party room yet? How strict are they with sound levels on weekends? I checked into some details and I know they require you to hire security if the guest list exceeds a certain number of people. Has anyone had any experience with the security guards? Some details would be nice :)

Last edited:
Anyone else have problems with their fan unit? I usually leave the fan set to "ON", which has it in a low-speed mode that you can barely hear. I leave it like that all day to maintain some air flow. It will kick into a high speed mode if the heating has been going for a few minutes but hasn't raised the temperature fast enough, but this mode is very loud and will wake me up if I'm asleep.

However, the fan is now stuck on the high-speed mode, even if the heating is not on. The only way to stop it is to turn the fan to "AUTO", which means it's actually off, and only kicks in when the heating has been going for a while. I've had this problem a couple of times, and the technicians have come by a few times to fix it, but I'm wondering if there's a bigger problem with the unit?

If anyone else has had similar problems, it'd be helpful to hear them.

I had the same problem with my fan, except I wasn't able to fix the issue by simply switching to "AUTO". In my case, resetting the unit from the inside (Cityzen did this) was the solution. This is the second time this has happened. Also, the temperature of the air coming out of the vent is inconsistent, so it sometimes takes longer to raise the room temperature....go figure.

My unit is warm, but the thing I find odd is that there is no air coming from vents in the bedroom and the den. Only the main vent in the living/dining area works. Is this normal?

Are you sure the vent(s) is open? There should be one set of vertical fins which you can see touch (meant to direct airflow), however behind these there is likely another set of horizontal fins which can be opened and closed. I found that in my suite the vents for both bedrooms were closed.

Did anyone here pay for the $35.03 per heat pump maintenance? The work is to be done by "Brial Mechanical Inc.".. i did a search on the web and there's 0 result anything close to that (there's some "bridal" and "mechanical" results).

Management office is also unwilling to issue a receipt for that.. what gives?

I paid as well I never thought about asking for a receipt. I don't see why they can't provide one.

I didn't pay.
Something smells here.

I change the filters on my units spring and fall. That's it.
Really. Think about this for a moment. What else do you think you are REALLY going to get done to your one year old unit.

I Plan to continue changing my filters twice a year for many years to come, and that's about it. If and when I have a maintenance issue with it years from now, I don't expect anyone to tell me that I didn't properly maintain it.

Not able to get receipt for the work? Cancel immediately.

Simmera mgmt. Is not your friend and neighbour. They are here to make make as much money as possible with the least amount of effort expended, off of you and the rest of us right up to the the day they are kicked out.
Think I might be wrong? Take a good look around at how the building has been maintained so far.

I didn't pay.
Something smells here.

I change the filters on my units spring and fall. That's it.
Really. Think about this for a moment. What else do you think you are REALLY going to get done to your one year old unit.

I Plan to continue changing my filters twice a year for many years to come, and that's about it. If and when I have a maintenance issue with it years from now, I don't expect anyone to tell me that I didn't properly maintain it.

Not able to get receipt for the work? Cancel immediately.

Simmera mgmt. Is not your friend and neighbour. They are here to make make as much money as possible with the least amount of effort expended, off of you and the rest of us right up to the the day they are kicked out.
Think I might be wrong? Take a good look around at how the building has been maintained so far.

Back