London on the Esplanade Condos (Cityzen) - Real Estate -

Anyone turn on their heating yet? I switched it on for the first time yesterday and the fan got really loud, sort of like when the A/C is on. The air coming out was just slightly warm.

I had some documentation from the fan pump and I thought it said the compressor only came on for the A/C (not heating). I'm not saying the compressor is turning on now, but the sound level is comparable.

I had it on for a night and it got so loud I was woken up by it (set to auto) and it took forever (or never) for the temperature to actually get up (because the air was not really "warm").

I called properties management today and they said it's not traditional heating.. it is using water heating or something and that they don't actually heat up the water until it's -5C outside (not that the water is not heated now, just not heated as much, according to them)...

But I have no idea what's with the loud noise...

I had it on for a night and it got so loud I was woken up by it (set to auto) and it took forever (or never) for the temperature to actually get up (because the air was not really "warm").

I called properties management today and they said it's not traditional heating.. it is using water heating or something and that they don't actually heat up the water until it's -5C outside (not that the water is not heated now, just not heated as much, according to them)...

How about that. So it isn't just me. I have one unit that works great, the other acts just like Masin's.

wow, thats authentic - London comes with British style radiator heating!

Ive only lived in a couple of rental apartments before that didnt have individual heat controls in the unit. I always found that I had to leave the windows open because it was too hot...

(Just a suggestion... If it is a water-circulating system, the rad. that doesn't work might need bleeding - air in the water system fills the top portion of the radiator, stopping the warm water filling it up properly. The air can produce an effect called air-hammering which literally sounds like someone banging a hammer against the metal radiator repeatedly. Bleeding the radiator would require a special key to open a screw at the top corners of the radiator, letting the air escape and then shutting it when water started to flow out. It happens with new systems....)

Great stuff - thanks so much for posting! I remember them telling me that each unit has individual cooling/heating and that you could run it anytime you wanted - I guess they forgot to mention that the heat won't do anything until they turn the water heaters on themselves!

And there wasn't any knocking noise or anything - just the fan kicking on (auto) and blowing so loud that I couldn't sleep (just like you!)

Hopefully they'll post notices when they turn the heaters on?

The Gym

Has anyone seen concept art or the layout for the gym? Is a separate gym membership going to be a must?

Great stuff - thanks so much for posting! I remember them telling me that each unit has individual cooling/heating and that you could run it anytime you wanted - I guess they forgot to mention that the heat won't do anything until they turn the water heaters on themselves!

And there wasn't any knocking noise or anything - just the fan kicking on (auto) and blowing so loud that I couldn't sleep (just like you!)

Hopefully they'll post notices when they turn the heaters on?

No idea about posting notices...The water heater is actually "ON" according to them, it's just not as hot as it would be when it's colder outside. My unit has 2 thermostat and it seems to me that one side the heat is "fine" while the other is not. I'll wait for a few more days and probably gonna call them up again...

Anyone turn on their heating yet? I switched it on for the first time yesterday and the fan got really loud, sort of like when the A/C is on. The air coming out was just slightly warm.

I had some documentation from the fan pump and I thought it said the compressor only came on for the A/C (not heating). I'm not saying the compressor is turning on now, but the sound level is comparable.

I had the noise at first but now it seems not to make as much noise.

Although I do still get slight warm air, not sure if that is normal. The remote for heating and ac are in weird spots and dont provide even temperature is all areas.

I was at London on Saturday to check out the remaining 665 sq. ft unit they have left. Love the look of the building and it's interior. As for the carpeting in the hallways, sure, it's not for everyone, but I felt it went hand in hand with the London Mod look that they're going for. Definitely not boring nor is it over the top.

As for the unit I looked at, it was on the 6th floor with the most awful view of the nearby shabby rooftops. The unit itself is a floor plan that is a little difficult to work with in terms of design. I wish I had an opportunity at other units and floor plans as it's a great building.

Im sure once registered some of the investors will be looking to sell

Nope-- it registers December 15.

Expect a few units to go up for sale on/ just after that date.

I think you still need permission right now to sell... after Dec 15th, then you are free to do whatever you want with the unit.

Have any you guys found out the closing cost from the lawyer? any suprises?

Shere

Still waiting to hear anything - I haven't heard squat from my lawyers or the Cityzen offices since the notices appeared in the elevators a couple of weeks ago (and have since disappeared).

What can one usually expect for closing costs for a new build?

First timer here... I know the costs for resale, but not sure what's different for new.

Back