London on the Esplanade Condos (Cityzen) - Real Estate -

Thanks for posting photos of your unit, Granny! I agree with everyone else that's commented.. your unit is beautiful!

Pre-Delivery Inspection was a walk in the park compared to a few I've been through.
The trades doing their work in our unit obviously took some pride in their skills. It showed in the details.
Overall, we were very pleased. The number of issues we had, could have been written on the back of a matchbook cover.

Seeing these great photos along with pictures others have posted during their pre-inspection, exterior shots, the little details of the interiors described in pages past and of course the exterior of the building gives me the highest respect for Cityzen. Add that to a terrifically vibrant neighbourhood and we've got a huge success story here.
Granny what suite do you have? (if you don't mind me asking). I love your kitchen too, I'll dream about it tonight!

Granny, we're all waiting for some cookies in the construction office! Glad you liked the unit.

AHA!!
I always figured you guys were lurking about here. LOL!:)
I'll see what I can do about the cookie situation. Meanwhile you guys carry the ball over the goal line and make sure my pendant lights get moved and my fridge water hookup is working.
Oatmeal chocolate chip ok? :)

AHA!!
I always figured you guys were lurking about here. LOL!:)
I'll see what I can do about the cookie situation. Meanwhile you guys carry the ball over the goal line and make sure my pendant lights get moved and my fridge water hookup is working.
Oatmeal chocolate chip ok? :)

Oatmeal chocolate chip.... my favourite :)

As for your water line, you just have to turn on the shut off valve!

Long shot.... anybody know who lives in #1106? They are driving me INSANE. They have to be the loudest, most obnoxious neighbours ever. Every weekend they have wild parties and are on the balcony yelling and screaming. They have been throwing stuff off the balcony onto the roof of the St Lawrence Centre, beer cans etc...they whistle and yell at people. Last night....they were at it until 5am!! I mean, I like to party as much as the next guy but seriously gimme a break!! Anyone know if there is anything I can do about it? I complained to Cityzen but no response. OH..and not to mention throwing cigarette butts onto my balcony and onto my patio furniture which cost me a small fortune! Not happy.

Or shame them.

Leave them a note explaining how hundreds are taking part in a discussion of the a**holes who live in #1106.

Take photos of their door and windows and post them in a new thread in the real estate section.

I'd also suggest taking matters into your own hands by posting complaints about them in the elevators and in the hallway by their door. They'll get the message.

Sometimes you have to play dirty to get results. You may be able to threaten something legal if they in fact threw lit cigarettes on to your balcony. Always take photos.

You should tell your Manager and Board, IN WRITING and demand they take action. Your Condo Corporation must have RULES and the Manager/Board MUST enforce them. Taking photos is a good idea.

yes....or shoot them.

It's tempting, believe me! Thanks for the replies. We don't actually have a board yet, not until the building registers. I'll have thrown MYSELF onto the roof of the St. Lawrence Centre by then!

Last edited:
Is there no security in your building? Go down every half hour after 11pm and put in a complaint asking that they go up there and give them a warning. Ask the security guard to document everything in his/her log book. Keep all of your documentation in Word or Notepad and save it to your desktop and present an updated copy to the Property Manager every Monday morning demanding action be taken. Always request a response in writing.
The suggestions above are good (shame them, photograph damage/rubbish etc.). You can also write up a letter, print off a bunch of copies and post it at every door of your neighbourhours along side, above and below who may also be affected by the noise and suggest getting a writing campaign going to the Property Manager.
Forget calling the Police, you'll wait all night - if they come at all.
Don't throw yourself off the balcony, keep at it and you will win :)

Last edited:
Ha. No I won't throw myself off the balcony. Perhaps I'll snap and go up there and throw one or all off THEM off the balcony! Thank for the tips. Ugh..they are really doing my head in!

Back