News   Jul 31, 2024
 258     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 568     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 477     0 

Liberty Village Towers/Bliss (CanAlfa, 24 + 20s, IBI-HB)

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
I posted this topic specifically for people who are interested in The CanAlfa condo projects of Liberty Village Tower, Bliss and the project's accompanying lofts and townhomes. If people would like a "Liberty Village Area" thread, then please create one, I'm sure many people would be interested in the neighbourhood as a whole.

In the interest of sharing, however, if anyone would like to know more about the entire Liberty Village site, follow these City of Toronto Planning links. It doesn't give details on which builder is where, but it does show you what is going to be built (townhouses, etc.)

http://www.toronto.ca/planning/pdf/kl_guidelines_pt1.pdf and http://www.toronto.ca/planning/pdf/kl_guidelines_pt2.pdf

Beyond the above links, here's what I know about the entire LV site.

CanAlfa bought the entire piece of land, pretty much from Strachan to Hanna Ave and has been the driving force behind the creation of this new neighbourhood. They then sold parcels of the land off to different developers. Some to Monarch - "Battery Park", "Zip" and "Vibe", some to Plazacorp (as yet unlaunched "King West Condos"), maybe some other pieces, and kept parts for themselves. CanAlfa built the townhouses on the north side of East Liberty Steet from Pirandello (or what used to be called Lower Shaw St. - as it's a direct south line, across the train tracks from Shaw), east to Strachan. They also built the horrid strip mall and Dominion shopping area.

The Liberty Village Tower will be situated on the Southeast corner of Pirandello and East Liberty, across from the westernmost edge of the townhouses and kitty corner to the heritage building that is next to the park (the park has been landscaped but is still surrounded by fencing). Pirandello does not currently exist south of East Liberty, but it will be built (or made a laneway).

Directly east of the LV Tower, but separated by a large courtyard, will be Bliss, and between the two will be lofts (on the southern edge of the development), and about 8 or 10 townhomes (on the north edge of the development, directly facing East Liberty St.). Both LVTower and Bliss are rectangular in shape and their long sides will face east/west. The lofts will be the connecting point between LVTower and Bliss, with the amenities being partly inside LVTower and in a suspended area above a driveway that connects the lofts to LVTowers.

In reference to the architectural value of condos in Liberty village, I have my own feelings. Right now, the whole Monarch project is an unmitigated disaster with the ugliest condo's being built anywhere in the GTA. The Toy Factory Lofts are quite the opposite however and integrate really well with the area (a 2+year delay that seems to have a happy ending). I do like the planned look for the LVTower - all dark and modern, less so for Bliss, and the Liberty on the Park condo looks interesting at best. Hopefully the new City of Toronto design consultants will be able to ensure the neighbourhood doesn't end up looking like a horrible mishmash, although I'm afraid that at this point, it might be moot.

I'd love to hear about anybody else's experience with the LVTower/Bliss project (what their lawyer's have said regarding the financing issue, etc.) and I hope we can continue to share. If all us future owners contribute and are involved, I'm sure we can have a positive effect on not only our building, but the next big neighbourhood in Toronto!

Finally an updated Tentative Occupancy Date of March 19, 2010 and only 15 months behind schedule! I'm guessing August of 2010 personally.

Finally an updated Tentative Occupancy Date of March 19, 2010 and only 15 months behind schedule! I'm guessing August of 2010 personally.

I wonder if bliss will finished by then too? seems like Canalfa has really droped the ball on this project alot of condos that were sold after these projects are already half completed or have cranes up......slowly losing confidence in this builder....

Bliss and Liberty Village Tower will be completed at the same time I believe. The main reason LVT is behind is that they combined the two projects into one.

i don't know much about the development but i saw an ad for another phase. if this the case would this be the fourth phase?

That's correct. The fourth phase (1-Liberty Towers, 2-Bliss, 3-Liberty on the Park, 4-?) is to be released soon. I don't know where in Liberty Village it will be, directly west of Liberty on the Park, east of Bliss, north of the sales centre, east of the currently built townhomes?

That's correct. The fourth phase (1-Liberty Towers, 2-Bliss, 3-Liberty on the Park, 4-?) is to be released soon. I don't know where in Liberty Village it will be, directly west of Liberty on the Park, east of Bliss, north of the sales centre, east of the currently built townhomes?

I believe it is just North of the sales centre for the 4th and final phase.

I would expect there to be at least another 4 on top of that! I know they plan to build on the land east of Bliss - at least 2 towers, east of the townhomes north of East Liberty street (where there is currently a park), directly north of and including the sales centre, and West of Liberty on the Park.

Which one is this?

n57426030415430482622nx8.jpg

visited the area last weekend and noticed there was an index construction sign posted....did a little search with the phone number the number is the same as Trevcor Mgmt.

http://www.emporis.com/en/cd/cm/?id=167630

anyone familiar with this company?

also noticed on there new ads that they state bliss and LVT is underconstruction.

Which one is this?

n57426030415430482622nx8.jpg

That was part of the original planning exercise done by the IBI group in the late 90s. It's not an actual building proposal. Just part of the massing and planning studies completed prior to the original developer selling off smaller parcels of land to individual builders (i.e. Monarch, Can Alfa, Lanterra, Plaza Corp etc).

And that was suppose to be a commerical building. I am not sure the extent to which commerical develeopment is taking place now (or if land is being reserved for future commerical development).

That was part of the original planning exercise done by the IBI group in the late 90s. It's not an actual building proposal. Just part of the massing and planning studies completed prior to the original developer selling off smaller parcels of land to individual builders (i.e. Monarch, Can Alfa, Lanterra, Plaza Corp etc).

A real shame - that's a lot more along the lines of how Liberty Village should have turned out.

i'm thinking of moving in the area. does anyone who purchased in the previous phases, recommend the builder? all i see are ads and a hole being dug up, even vibe has more progress. i have read everyone's optimism and frustration and i'm sort of second guessing. the other projects such as king west life and liberty market lofts won't be bulit until 2012 if i'm not mistaken, so its out of the question. thanks

Back