News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 465     0 

Letters to the Toronto Sun

I'm reminded of Antonin Scalia's impassioned defence of torture as a tool of counter-terrorism because it works on '24' earlier this year.

Pimp the Whores First

With due respect to Alfred Tsang, I disagree with his Point of View ("Trim the Fat First,"). It is not the only way, not even a maybe. In the movie Risky Business (ironically) in which a horny teenager, with the help of his hooker friend, came up with the money to fix his dad's Porsche in a few hours by pimping whores to other horny teenagers. Granted, it is a movie. However, I am sure if Miller and his inner council genuinely want to make an effort of pimping whores to horny teenagers, they will have no difficulty in finding the ways and means to do so.

Indense

ROTFL! :D Talk about alternative revenue streams! Send it in to the Sun, it should fit in nicely alongside their recent 'tax the homeless'* campaign. You've got a good chance that it might actually be printed, or at very least give the editors a laugh.

*Seriously.

LOL! I highly doubt it!

I stopped reading the Sun when I left my previous job and moved back to Toronto in September. I tried reading the Sun's letters section online for a couple weeks but it was just too frustrating so I stopped doing it.

I miss this thread but now that I have alternatives it just isn't worth it!

I can't read the letters section because I'm terrified I'll find something written by a family member.

On the plus side for the Sun, they recently fired Rachel Marsden (see post #64) for a "Hooray for torture!" article so maybe there is some sort of hope.

Oooh, really? Yay! The articles posted by Darkstar (IIRC) were quite revealing. She defended falsely accusing men of rape ("They'll be found inncocent... the system works!") because she did the exact same thing when she was in university. She obviously isn't stable.

She was banned from Fox News recently for some sort of erratic back-stage behaviour. I think she does have some serious problems beyond her political beliefs.

She's still invited on CNN for some reason. That's where she said "Well, I think we have to define torture. One man’s torture is another man’s CIA-sponsored swim lesson." which was later the basis for her Sun article.

She was banned from Fox News recently for some sort of erratic back-stage behaviour. I think she does have some serious problems beyond her political beliefs.

That is the only way she would get banned with 'serious problems beyond her poliical beliefs".

That coterie from Fox News is in many instances odd accumulations of political beliefs that broadly go under the banner of right wing politics, but are symptomatic of the reactionary rhetoric that passes as 'informed thought,' - but only if one were not thinking, and ill informed, simultaneously.

Back