News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 825     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Leslieville / Studio District

To someone who lives in central Toronto, a site on the east side of the Don Valley would likely not be considered downtown, but to much of the readership of a national newspaper it would be.

I could be just me - when they say "downtown Toronto" I think of a dense high-rise - not a low density film studio site. If they said "just outside downtown Toronto" that might have made better sense.

Sorry, just splitting hairs - I'll shut up now!

Yes it is 721 Eastern Avenue.

fNORBd5.jpg

The board currently has restrictions on Riverdale Collegiate Institute due to over-enrolled “to help keep enrolment in check and to ensure the school had sufficient space,” McGroarty said.
Only students who attended an area school for Grade 8 can enter into Grade 9 at Riverdale Collegiate and students cannot enrol after Grade 9.
“Students who move into the area and apply for admission to the school in Grades 10 to 12 are not allowed in,” McGroarty said.
The students would still have a ‘home school’ assigned such as Danforth Collegiate and Technical Institute, located less than two kilometres away.
http://www.citynews.ca/2016/09/05/toronto-students-turned-away-from-neighbourhood-schools/

Well, I guess if you're moving from Florida it could be a surprise. Lots of movement finally happening in east end schools. Monarch Park is picking up the Eastern Commerce and alternative school kids this year (teacher bumping is rampant, apparently).

Back