L Tower Condos (Cityzen, Castlepoint Realty, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

To the folks who's occupancy date got pushed out a few weeks, what was the builders excuse?
Did you speak to your lawyer if you are entitled to any delay compensation from them?

Any word from the builder on when the building will be registered?
I prefer to start paying my mortgage than give the builder anymore of my money......has been tied up long enough with these folks at least let the bank take some of my interest....LOL

Word is that I can pick up my keys... assuming there doesn't need to be an appointment...

I went down today at 4... office closed early.

To the folks who's occupancy date got pushed out a few weeks, what was the builders excuse?
Did you speak to your lawyer if you are entitled to any delay compensation from them?

Any word from the builder on when the building will be registered?
I prefer to start paying my mortgage than give the builder anymore of my money......has been tied up long enough with these folks at least let the bank take some of my interest....LOL

They do owe us compensation, and it should be factored into our final closing when the building registers according to my lawyer.

I asked today when the building is expecting to register and was told "6-8 months" which is on the long side and will very likely be longer given this building's ridiculous history.

They do owe us compensation, and it should be factored into our final closing when the building registers according to my lawyer.

I asked today when the building is expecting to register and was told "6-8 months" which is on the long side and will very likely be longer given this building's ridiculous history.

My friend at Pier 27 (same builder as us) been in occupancy since June... Got another friend who hasn't begin his occupancy yet... And they still don't have a close date...

During my PDI i was advised that builder is aiming for Q1 next year for closing.... We still have that giant hole south side of the building, and if last winter was any indication of construction during the winter (remember the ice storm then cold temperature and high winds hiatus from December -> March), 6-8 months may sound optimistic..

Buckle down boys... Winter is coming!

My friend at Pier 27 (same builder as us) been in occupancy since June... Got another friend who hasn't begin his occupancy yet... And they still don't have a close date...

During my PDI i was advised that builder is aiming for Q1 next year for closing.... We still have that giant hole south side of the building, and if last winter was any indication of construction during the winter (remember the ice storm then cold temperature and high winds hiatus from December -> March), 6-8 months may sound optimistic..

Buckle down boys... Winter is coming!

Got the keys. Inside. Can't believe it finally happened. Looks good, but not all PDI stuff is corrected yet. Will have things to put on the 30 day Tarion list.

Got the keys. Inside. Can't believe it finally happened. Looks good, but not all PDI stuff is corrected yet. Will have things to put on the 30 day Tarion list.

Great news riley ... thanks for posting :) ! . Actually i am not surprised the pdi stuff is not done ... they are probably focussing on getting everyone else in .... my last prebuilt purchase i did had 20 items on the 30 day tarion list.

Anything in particular we should be looking out for during our PDI? I hope I notice everything that needs addressing....

Great news riley ... thanks for posting :) ! . Actually i am not surprised the pdi stuff is not done ... they are probably focussing on getting everyone else in .... my last prebuilt purchase i did had 20 items on the 30 day tarion list.

Thanks! The stuff remaining for me was mostly cosmetic...like dark smudges on the floor tile in the kitchen, a few nicks and scratches in cabinets that were supposed to be fixed/replaced. But the biggest thing is in the kitchen: the pipe that connects the oven fan to the exhaust pipe is missing. So the fan will suck up the smoke and just expel it back into the room, it isn't attached to any pipe. Kind of important.

This is not a PDI thing, but that combined microwave/convection oven is VERY shallow. No large thanksgiving turkey is going to fit in there. Everything is pretty small, including the fridge, freezer. Will take some creative stocking.

Everything else looks good though. The sinks all work, the plugs hold water, I tried the dryer last night because my clothes got wet from the rain, but I didn't try the washing machine yet. I have not tried the light switches that lead to ceiling fixtures which I haven't put in yet, so I'll have to try that out.

I was told the amenities will not be ready for at least 6 months, which I assume means a year.

The developer has up to 6 months AFTER registration to get the amenities ready :(

In our building, that was to the day. Other buildings get the amenities from day one.

Thanks! The stuff remaining for me was mostly cosmetic...like dark smudges on the floor tile in the kitchen, a few nicks and scratches in cabinets that were supposed to be fixed/replaced. But the biggest thing is in the kitchen: the pipe that connects the oven fan to the exhaust pipe is missing. So the fan will suck up the smoke and just expel it back into the room, it isn't attached to any pipe. Kind of important.

This is not a PDI thing, but that combined microwave/convection oven is VERY shallow. No large thanksgiving turkey is going to fit in there. Everything is pretty small, including the fridge, freezer. Will take some creative stocking.

Everything else looks good though. The sinks all work, the plugs hold water, I tried the dryer last night because my clothes got wet from the rain, but I didn't try the washing machine yet. I have not tried the light switches that lead to ceiling fixtures which I haven't put in yet, so I'll have to try that out.

I was told the amenities will not be ready for at least 6 months, which I assume means a year.

Got in yesterday... Still a bunch of PDI stuff that needs fixing... But at least the flooring and walls were fixed, just waiting on the fixes on my cabinets, I'm missing a couple panels right now, they also further damaged my baseboards when they replaced my hardwood flooring.

Hot water does not work, I have't tried the washer/dryer yet.

Parking is not available and they said its all ready but just pending an inspection.. expected end of the month.. They say there is temporary parking and will be assigned to you when you book elevator to move in. They are solid booked through the thanksgiving weekend.

Its my first time getting a new condo... anyone have advice on what needs to be done with the defects/what specifically to look for?

Got in yesterday... Still a bunch of PDI stuff that needs fixing... But at least the flooring and walls were fixed, just waiting on the fixes on my cabinets, I'm missing a couple panels right now, they also further damaged my baseboards when they replaced my hardwood flooring.

Hot water does not work, I have't tried the washer/dryer yet.

Parking is not available and they said its all ready but just pending an inspection.. expected end of the month.. They say there is temporary parking and will be assigned to you when you book elevator to move in. They are solid booked through the thanksgiving weekend.

Its my first time getting a new condo... anyone have advice on what needs to be done with the defects/what specifically to look for?

No hot water?? That's ridiculous that that is not solved immediately. I have only visited the unit for one evening to see it, I haven't spent any nights or significant time there yet. I feel bad for people who are having to deal with no hot water especially as the weather gets cooler. Who can we ask to solve this? Is the property manager working yet?

No hot water?? That's ridiculous that that is not solved immediately. I have only visited the unit for one evening to see it, I haven't spent any nights or significant time there yet. I feel bad for people who are having to deal with no hot water especially as the weather gets cooler. Who can we ask to solve this? Is the property manager working yet?

I have been in the same situation in my last condo ... I am not an expert at this at all but they said there is a regulator on all taps to regulate hot water flow (so people don’t actually get burned by accident) ... if it is the same set up you can ask to have this removed ... and thereby removing the all restrictions from the warm water flow ... they don’t recommend doing this however ... in the end the warm water started to flow when the floor started to fill. Took about 10 days after move in for my case. Hope this info helps - not sure if it applies 100%

I have been in the same situation in my last condo ... I am not an expert at this at all but they said there is a regulator on all taps to regulate hot water flow (so people don’t actually get burned by accident) ... if it is the same set up you can ask to have this removed ... and thereby removing the all restrictions from the warm water flow ... they don’t recommend doing this however ... in the end the warm water started to flow when the floor started to fill. Took about 10 days after move in for my case. Hope this info helps - not sure if it applies 100%

Thanks for the info Wolf. If it takes the building to fill up before it works then it may be a while. Even 10 days seems like a long time to have no hot water but I suspect it will be even longer at the L tower.

Thanks for the info Wolf. If it takes the building to fill up before it works then it may be a while. Even 10 days seems like a long time to have no hot water but I suspect it will be even longer at the L tower.

K guys so I have to say the view from inside the building at night time is beautiful....

Hot water - I called customer service today and told them i've been running the tap for the past 3 days, 5-10 minutes each time and still no hot water.. they said you need to run it for at least 30 minutes to an hour to get it working... I will try over weekend and see if that helps.

Parking - Must book elevator for move in to get a temporary parking spot (assuming you bought a spot)..... Otherwise You'll be paying for parking at the Church lot everyday like I have been for the past 3 days.

PDI Damages - Though they may have fixed some of your items, be sure to check thoroughly for additional damages. My flooring was replaced, walls repainted, but they did a poor job when putting back the baseboard... Also I've noticed additional dents in my flooring, probably due to additional entries into the suite.

Back