L Tower Condos (Cityzen, Castlepoint Realty, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

There is a Toronto site that lists condo fees and, as far as I can tell, it's reasonably up to date. See http://condofees.com/

This is a great resource, but just looking in my neighbourhood (C1) the figures look outdated. Most seem low.
This site was created by a real estate agent, so the data is not linked to a database and most likely all of the buildings listed here are not updated periodically. Some buildings I am familiar with have figures which are at least 4 years old.

So my agent told me shelly called him to tell me that my occupancy has been moved a week back, told him that she's talked to me already, which is not true at all.....

What is going on?

It seems like they just like to contact different sources at different times to confuse people...

Another week in the books.

So my agent told me shelly called him to tell me that my occupancy has been moved a week back, told him that she's talked to me already, which is not true at all.....

What is going on?

It seems like they just like to contact different sources at different times to confuse people...

That's not good! When did they supposedly "inform" you of the delay? Was it some time ago and you didn't get the message or was that just now and we should all be embracing for new delays?

What is going on?

After I was supposed to close last week, and cancelled a trip for the closing because they refused to let me push it by a few days, and then THEY ended up delaying it by a whole week, with only 2 business days notice, they did it to me again. I got a phone call ONE business day before the day I was supposed to close. The behaviour is atrocious even if you ignore the fact that they are not legally supposed to be able to change the final closing date within 90 days from the date let alone ONE day before. They clearly don't care at all how this impacts people's lives. I really think they need to give us compensation.

After I was supposed to close last week, and cancelled a trip for the closing because they refused to let me push it by a few days, and then THEY ended up delaying it by a whole week, with only 2 business days notice, they did it to me again. I got a phone call ONE business day before the day I was supposed to close. The behaviour is atrocious even if you ignore the fact that they are not legally supposed to be able to change the final closing date within 90 days from the date let alone ONE day before. They clearly don't care at all how this impacts people's lives. I really think they need to give us compensation.

No way! were you supposed to have occupancy today and they called you on friday? so do we know for sure that it is tomorrow now? To be honest, compensation is the least that they should do, but I have said it all before. Never in my life did I expect a supposedly reputable developer (not!) to behave like we are just dirt...

No way! were you supposed to have occupancy today and they called you on friday? so do we know for sure that it is tomorrow now? To be honest, compensation is the least that they should do, but I have said it all before. Never in my life did I expect a supposedly reputable developer (not!) to behave like we are just dirt...

My closing is now supposed to be next week, but I'll believe it when it happens. Fortunately I have a place to stay but I can't imagine how these casual last minute delays must be affecting people who have to keep finding temp arrangements.

If you guys are eligible for compensation, then get it. Don't let the builder scare you out of it. They HAVE to compensate you if they don't follow the rules. If the developer is unwilling to companesate you or threatening you with taking back the unit or other things then document everything and contact Tarion. If what I'm reading is true then I will never consider buying from this builder.

If you guys are eligible for compensation, then get it. Don't let the builder scare you out of it. They HAVE to compensate you if they don't follow the rules. If the developer is unwilling to companesate you or threatening you with taking back the unit or other things then document everything and contact Tarion. If what I'm reading is true then I will never consider buying from this builder.

Everything I have written is true, and from my experience I completely believe what the others have said too. We're all getting screwed the same way. I asked my lawyer about the 'take back our unit' clause and he said he was very doubtful that they would ever try to actually use that clause. He said its very controversial (obviously) and the very few times he has heard of a developer trying to use it, there was a huge legal battle over it. I definitely will explore getting compensation, and I'm hoping other owners will as well. The crap developer needs to pay us for the horrible way we've been treated and their flagrant disregard to legal standards in notifications and delay.

but which of the 3 developers are responsible for the delay ... Cityzen Development Group, Fernbrook Homes, or Castlepoint Numa ?

this all sounds so ridiculous.
I don't understand why the builder didn't postpone the occupancy by a month or whatever for everyone from the beginning.
they much know how fast construction is progressing, etc. they're not complete newbies are they ?!?

Everything I have written is true, and from my experience I completely believe what the others have said too. We're all getting screwed the same way. I asked my lawyer about the 'take back our unit' clause and he said he was very doubtful that they would ever try to actually use that clause. He said its very controversial (obviously) and the very few times he has heard of a developer trying to use it, there was a huge legal battle over it. I definitely will explore getting compensation, and I'm hoping other owners will as well. The crap developer needs to pay us for the horrible way we've been treated and their flagrant disregard to legal standards in notifications and delay.

this all sounds so ridiculous.
I don't understand why the builder didn't postpone the occupancy by a month or whatever for everyone from the beginning.
they much know how fast construction is progressing, etc. they're not complete newbies are they ?!?

I agree! it literally feels like they're making it up as they go along. It is inexcusable for a developer to wait until 4:30 pm the day before the closing to leave a vm and fax saying that they're now delaying for more than a week, especially after delaying twice before. Unbelievably unprofessional.

I am scheduled for occupancy as of today, have not heard of any further delays. I met with my lawyer in hopes of getting the keys but they've been having trouble getting in contact with them...

I hope there isnt any more delays especially since it is now past my occupancy date...but who knows...

I went into the L tower the past couple weeks and just showed up. I met with the Cityzen representatives (I recognized the one that did my PDI) in there and they gave me another contact to book the elevators. It seems they have no idea about when we can move in as well...

I am scheduled for occupancy as of today, have not heard of any further delays. I met with my lawyer in hopes of getting the keys but they've been having trouble getting in contact with them...

I hope there isnt any more delays especially since it is now past my occupancy date...but who knows...

I went into the L tower the past couple weeks and just showed up. I met with the Cityzen representatives (I recognized the one that did my PDI) in there and they gave me another contact to book the elevators. It seems they have no idea about when we can move in as well...

So you have actually succeeded in having your occupancy closing? But they have not given you your keys? Can they do that? Go through with the closing, have you pay the rest of your downplayment, and still not let you actually occupy?

So you have actually succeeded in having your occupancy closing? But they have not given you your keys? Can they do that? Go through with the closing, have you pay the rest of your downplayment, and still not let you actually occupy?

It seems they can do whatever they want...

So my occupancy date was 2014-09-23 and on that same date, I received a fax, time stamped at 17:37 hours that extends my occupancy date to 2014-09-26.

I have since received another delay pushing it another 3 days.

I'm sure there are others like me, and I'm wondering if anyone has actually moved in or are they going to keep delaying 2-3 days until who knows when....

Back