News   Aug 12, 2022
 2K     0 
News   Aug 12, 2022
 1K     1 
News   Aug 12, 2022
 650     0 

King Street (Streetcar Transit Priority)

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I was just on king Street on the 503 Kingston road streetcar and I can honestly see why cars are going through without turning off, with all of the cluter on the street now between either TTC streetcar stops, art pieces or restaurant patios it's next to impossible for a driver to be able to get into the right turn lane before they have to turn right off of the street. The city need to rethink how they have it laid out before they make it permanent.
The City plans to work and consult on improvements prior to the rebuild - scheduled for 2023. That said, there really are VERY few cars going straight through on King now compared to before.

EastYorkTTCFan

Member Bio
Reaction score
The City plans to work and consult on improvements prior to the rebuild - scheduled for 2023. That said, there really are VERY few cars going straight through on King now compared to before.
Every car I saw went through and none of them paid any attention to signs saying otherwise.

nfitz

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Every car I saw went through and none of them paid any attention to signs saying otherwise.
Odd - most cars I see turn. And most cars that used to be on King, simply aren't there in the first place, as they never get on.

Though I don't see how moving lanes is an issue - it's not like there's already traffic in that lane, if it's blocked by street furniture. Signage perhaps more so.

Reactions: DSC

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score