King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

occupancy

got ya. I did get a reassignment clause with my unit. I didn't think I'd ever consider assigning it....but I'll think long and hard about it now.

i do not have assignment clause.its still a good building a great location and although not cheap we will all make money when we choose to sell.my unit is great except for the list of deficiencies which i assure you will get fixed.lamb feels tarrion pressure now and its showing as we approach nov 1 and certainly the speed of the build has been a problem from day 1.lamb is stretched with his tor ottawa calagary caribean builds and he is hurting his own reputation and quality of his work and certainly his management team is thin non responsive and not customer friendly.for me its about a condo i can live in and make money and as far as that is concerned he will deliver the goods.i won't purchase again from lamb development though.good to see some 2 bedrooms in the building asking 600k or more

All units that you see on mls are being sold by the builder. If you didn't specifically request a reassignment clause in your agreement originally, the builder doesn't allow you to reassign, let alone put your unit on mls. Even though when I bought this unit originally I was told by their agents that if I wanted to reassign it wouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure if it's the same story for King East but I'm pretty sure that it is. It's the same builder after all.

I'm not seeing any Kingeast units on the MLS. Where are you finding these listings, on Lamb's website?

occupancy and per sq ft common fees

i do not have assignment clause.its still a good building a great location and although not cheap we will all make money when we choose to sell.my unit is great except for the list of deficiencies which i assure you will get fixed.lamb feels tarrion pressure now and its showing as we approach nov 1 and certainly the speed of the build has been a problem from day 1.lamb is stretched with his tor ottawa calagary caribean builds and he is hurting his own reputation and quality of his work and certainly his management team is thin non responsive and not customer friendly.for me its about a condo i can live in and make money and as far as that is concerned he will deliver the goods.i won't purchase again from lamb development though.good to see some 2 bedrooms in the building asking 600k or more

check closing docs for per sq ft fees when i bought they were at .45 cents per sq ft on my last docs .62 cents per sq ft.............see in your contracts they are allowed to raise..61 is too high for a building like this with few amenities if any which is one of the reasonsi bought here

check closing docs for per sq ft fees when i bought they were at .45 cents per sq ft on my last docs .62 cents per sq ft.............see in your contracts they are allowed to raise..61 is too high for a building like this with few amenities if any which is one of the reasonsi bought here

That's such BS. There's a party room, a part time security guard, that's it. Can't say I'm surprised, though. Developers pull this stuff all the time. Look at what happened to Thompson. Their fees increased by over 50%

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten the certified letter that was sent out last week?

The one moving occupancy to October 24? Yes, it was at the post office though as it required a signature.

I haven't received the one moving my occupancy to October 30 yet, but expect it will be today at some point.

The one moving occupancy to October 24? Yes, it was at the post office though as it required a signature.

I haven't received the one moving my occupancy to October 30 yet, but expect it will be today at some point.

Well some of letters that were sent out are not certified. And moving date for one person I know got moved from 25th of October to 2nd of November.

Well some of letters that were sent out are not certified. And moving date for one person I know got moved from 25th of October to 2nd of November.

Mine have all been certified I'm quite sure.

My move date went from Oct. 26 to Nov. 1. I'm going to see about getting compensation for a 2nd day of moving-van rental as my belongings have to sit in it overnight.....which wouldn't have been necessary if I'd moved when originally scheduled.

we are all in tarrion penalty timezone now.that is very negotiable with the developer.for example if you can get your occupancy pushed back you do not have to start paying occupancy fees till that date. i also suggest for anyone who did pdi like me a found their unit in shit shape to visit once again before signing occupancy docs. i am sure that alot of the actual floors will need replacing before this is finalised as they really screwed up not covering them
I don't have my agreement with me but what does Section 9 of it says?

we are all in tarrion penalty timezone now.that is very negotiable with the developer.for example if you can get your occupancy pushed back you do not have to start paying occupancy fees till that date. i also suggest for anyone who did pdi like me a found their unit in shit shape to visit once again before signing occupancy docs. i am sure that alot of the actual floors will need replacing before this is finalised as they really screwed up not covering them

Thank you for the info. My guess my occupancy is pushed past 6th of Nov from Oct 30th.

http://www.tarion.com/Warranty-Prot...es/Condominiums-Tentative-Occupancy-Date.aspx

Delayed Occupancy Compensation

Delayed occupancy compensation up to a maximum of $7,500 is payable:

• If occupancy occurs on a date after the Firm Occupancy Date; or
• If you exercised your right to terminate the purchase agreement due to delay as permitted by the Addendum
(e.g. as per the Purchaser’s Termination Period). In this case you are also entitled to a full refund of all monies paid (i.e., deposits, extras and upgrades) plus interest.

Delayed occupancy compensation for living expenses (meals and accommodation) is payable based on a fixed amount of $150 a day for each day of delay until the Delayed Occupancy Date or the date that the purchase agreement is terminated. Receipts for living expenses are not required.

Compensation is also payable for costs incurred by you as a result of the delay (for example, additional moving and storage costs). Receipts for these costs must be provided.

In addition, if your builder fails to give you 10 days notice of an occupancy delay, you will be compensated in the amount of $1,500 ($150 x 10 days).

Not only have we been given less than 10 days notice. It has happened several times.

Here's the claim form:
http://www.tarion.com/Warranty-Prot...s/DelayedClosingFormandGuidelinesSept2010.pdf

Last edited:

While you are correct that we are eligible for compensation/damages, you linked to the wrong form. As "the Agreement of Purchase & Sale for the first unit sold in the project was signed before July 1, 2008" the proper form is this one. Unfortunately, the limits on compensation are less ($100 per day for living, to a maximum of $5,000 including the living expenses) and there is no automatic $1,500 for less than 10 days' notice. I can confirm that the first agreement was signed prior to July 1, 2008 as mine was in May.

Just wanted to make sure people are dealing with the proper facts. As a side note, before going to Tarion you are supposed to attempt to resolve compensation for delay through the builder. I have requested from BJL who I should contact about this but have yet to hear back.

Back