King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

any new information from saturday re occupancy?drove by today some work going on lobby is usable and they have a sales sign out to sell using the finished suites in the building.i am confused supposed to close tues yet my uninhabitable 6th floor unit terrace i se hasnt been touched therefore unsafe for my kids inside i cannot tell and i need to get in personally to verify its habitable unlike last sunday pdi when it wasnt.......is monday the day they delay again ?i just dont get it.this is the hardest half million i have ever had to spend.

It seems like what they re doing right now is trying to get an occupancy permit from the city for the units that are suppose to be occupying. Without it they can't do a preliminary closing. In other words they can't start collecting occupancy fees from all of us, until the city gives them a green light. That's essentially the reason for the delay. It's not because they are trying to finish the building but because they need a permit from the city. If it was up to them they would try to move you in months ago! So I doubt much work has been done inside units since the requirements for the occupancy permit are extremely low (e.g: running water, working toilet etc) but they do need to have a working elevator and other common area amenities to pass. Also they are trying to start collecting cheques from units above us so most of the work is done there. There seems to be one of two scenarios going on here: they are either really strapped for cash or Brad is extremely greedy. Otherwise I don't see why they can't push everyone's occupancy dates by two or more months to finish the damn building . It's the same story with this builder all the time.

That sounds about right. Lamb has a lot of projects on the go and lets face it...he's small potatoes when it comes to $$$ as a builder. He has Flatiron and Work Lofts just about done, he has Riverside Towns, Gotham, King Charlotte, Theater Park and a few other projects on the go. Instead of slagging other builders, he needs to make sure his kitchen is in order. If they can't make sure my suite is inhabitable, then I can't give them my money.

That sounds about right. Lamb has a lot of projects on the go and lets face it...he's small potatoes when it comes to $$$ as a builder. He has Flatiron and Work Lofts just about done, he has Riverside Towns, Gotham, King Charlotte, Theater Park and a few other projects on the go. Instead of slagging other builders, he needs to make sure his kitchen is in order. If they can't make sure my suite is inhabitable, then I can't give them my money.

but the sad thing is standards are so low for occupancy permit, you will be living in a construction zone and paying the fees while waiting for completion where it would be in the general public's idea of habitable.

but the sad thing is standards are so low for occupancy permit, you will be living in a construction zone and paying the fees while waiting for completion where it would be in the general public's idea of habitable.

You're right and I have complained about this for years when I had the same issue with a different building.

But what I really mean is...I want all the garbage removed from my balcony (boxes, cigarettes, construction tools, etc). I want my doors hung. I'd like to have a kitchen sink and faucet as well. All the other little things can be fixed after I move in.

I just don't trust that this will be looked after.

If I hand over cheques and don't have a kitchen sink or have a balcony covered in construction garbage I will lose it.

You're right and I have complained about this for years when I had the same issue with a different building.

But what I really mean is...I want all the garbage removed from my balcony (boxes, cigarettes, construction tools, etc). I want my doors hung. I'd like to have a kitchen sink and faucet as well. All the other little things can be fixed after I move in.

I just don't trust that this will be looked after.

If I hand over cheques and don't have a kitchen sink or have a balcony covered in construction garbage I will lose it.

The tragedy of it all is that even with all these deficiencies, if your unit is granted occupancy the builder can legally force you to close and if you don't close on time they can take away your deposit and threaten to sue you for any losses they incur. At that point you realize how little to no rights you have as a pre-construction buyer. I've heard of so many pre-construction horror stories and experienced some really messy situations before (with this and other builders) which made me decide to never buy another pre-construction condo again. Sure there is money to be made but you can get yourself into a real mess, mostly because of the events that are beyond your control.

The tragedy of it all is that even with all these deficiencies, if your unit is granted occupancy the builder can legally force you to close and if you don't close on time they can take away your deposit and threaten to sue you for any losses they incur. At that point you realize how little to no rights you have as a pre-construction buyer. I've heard of so many pre-construction horror stories and experienced some really messy situations before (with this and other builders) which made me decide to never buy another pre-construction condo again. Sure there is money to be made but you can get yourself into a real mess, mostly because of the events that are beyond your control.

For sure. Even before this mess happened, I said I'd never buy new. Funny enough, my girlfriend had a great experience buying a new condo (through Tridel) so she thinks I'm crazy. Maybe she'll agree with me when I show her my closing costs...I'm sure Mr. Lamb will really hit us hard there.

occupancy tues oct 30

For sure. Even before this mess happened, I said I'd never buy new. Funny enough, my girlfriend had a great experience buying a new condo (through Tridel) so she thinks I'm crazy. Maybe she'll agree with me when I show her my closing costs...I'm sure Mr. Lamb will really hit us hard there.

has anyone heard or received anything for lamb development today re closing tuesday??

My lawyer did. What's funny is he asked me "did you hear from the developer? Is it delayed again?". So I'm going in tomorrow to sign the docs. I think we're good for occupancy tomorrow. They're asking for a lot of stuff, too. Besides the rent cheques they need a few other cheques for other things...then there's proof of mortgage approval, condo insurance, etc.

occupancy

My lawyer did. What's funny is he asked me "did you hear from the developer? Is it delayed again?". So I'm going in tomorrow to sign the docs. I think we're good for occupancy tomorrow. They're asking for a lot of stuff, too. Besides the rent cheques they need a few other cheques for other things...then there's proof of mortgage approval, condo insurance, etc.

good for you! hope it goes smooth ........i presume you know your unit has heat ac water all the goods etc?.........i did not hear from my lawyer or the developer..i arranged for nov 8 and they sent me a special release to sign which i found to be too onerous and on thurs told them will not sign.........but that is the last transmission from them...........i heard mirrors for bathrooms are to go in mon and tues and lights for bathrooms arrive in toronto late this week to be installed future time,elevator works but used by trades primarily..when are you moving in ?

good for you! hope it goes smooth ........i presume you know your unit has heat ac water all the goods etc?.........i did not hear from my lawyer or the developer..i arranged for nov 8 and they sent me a special release to sign which i found to be too onerous and on thurs told them will not sign.........but that is the last transmission from them...........i heard mirrors for bathrooms are to go in mon and tues and lights for bathrooms arrive in toronto late this week to be installed future time,elevator works but used by trades primarily..when are you moving in ?

All my lights were installed a few weeks ago when I went for my PDI including the bathroom mirror. I had water in the bathroom. I didn't really get a chance to check anything else unfrotunately. So I guess I'll check everything tomorrow.

My move-in date is Thursday and the elevators are booked solid through to next week.

All my lights were installed a few weeks ago when I went for my PDI including the bathroom mirror. I had water in the bathroom. I didn't really get a chance to check anything else unfrotunately. So I guess I'll check everything tomorrow.

My move-in date is Thursday and the elevators are booked solid through to next week.

Let us know how it goes today. Snap a few photos.

occupancy

Let us know how it goes today. Snap a few photos.

my closing is today yet the lamb side has not responded to my lawyer about a city inspection sign off for heat and ac.its noon! been working on getting this info since 8 am.i have a call in to city of toronto inspector myself.unbelievable!

my closing is today yet the lamb side has not responded to my lawyer about a city inspection sign off for heat and ac.its noon! been working on getting this info since 8 am.i have a call in to city of toronto inspector myself.unbelievable!

What the hell is going on there? There is occupancy for Nov 2 that I am helping with and no notification of PDI at all. It's like they got gerbils running the show...

What the hell is going on there? There is occupancy for Nov 2 that I am helping with and no notification of PDI at all. It's like they got gerbils running the show...

not gerbils, lamb

Last edited:
occupancy

communication is the root of all the problems from lamb....i personally find it unprofessional at best.....second problem is fear he is in tarion penalty phase and he is handling it badly especially the way he blames the construction management team he hired!....its too late to close today now .....................ii hope your pdi/nov 2 close goes smoother

Back