King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

There are a good amount of units on floors 3-7 that are not even ready...so I know for a fact anything above 7 is nowhere near ready. 2nd floor hasn't moved in yet either.

I don't understand how there could be so much miscommunication with the scheduling.

I guess the saying "appearances can be deceiving" suits this project just right. The outside looks great, but the inside is another story...at least for the time being. I purchased thinking that this building would set itself apart from the many other projects out there, and although I have not seen my unit just yet, it's sad to say that my expectations are extremely low at this point. Perhaps I will start looking for some handymen now and bring them along to my PDI lol. B/w while I am searching for furniture/household items, I will keep an eye out for toilets on sale...that sucks!!

Hey, I purchased thinking that too and I think when all is said and done it will be a highly sought after building but my goodness, there's just so much they did wrong with my unit. Like big things. The microwave is crooked...one of the bulkheads is a good inch to 2 inches higher on one side than the other. Grout lines are not anywhere near equal in some areas. I'm not even a picky guy... I guess the most frustrating part of all is I know a good chunk of these things will not be fixed.

Here's what I was talking about earlier.

8156010197_3b883ba8ba_z.jpg

8156043310_51d8038eee_z.jpg

8156049022_dac1b2f2e4_z.jpg

8156020113_7299a5f2b7_z.jpg

8156054026_b1431a4f11_z.jpg

8149880135_078fe74a6b_z.jpg

The bulkhead is curved.
8149876321_1c7ec05228_z.jpg

I should be able to get the stains out but seriously, imagine getting the keys and seeing this:
8149909042_b338ae1ac1_z.jpg

and this:
548511_10152259470155271_982562724_n.jpg

and this:
552395_10152259470000271_34635237_n.jpg

then seeing this:
8156015175_235daab500_z.jpg

8156047782_b1ee6fed80_z.jpg

8156012979_2eced5ca0b_z.jpg

You can see it a bit in this pic, but the microwave is lopsided. Looks worse in person
8149885937_d20986fc05_z.jpg

That's just a fraction of the problems.

Last edited:
Wait, weren't sinks supposed to be square? I have picture from selection room or were those an upgrade? Also is there gas hookup on the balcony as that was one of selling features they kept repeating.

Last edited:
Hey, I purchased thinking that too and I think when all is said and done it will be a highly sought after building but my goodness, there's just so much they did wrong with my unit. Like big things. The microwave is crooked...one of the bulkheads is a good inch to 2 inches higher on one side than the other. Grout lines are not anywhere near equal in some areas. I'm not even a picky guy... I guess the most frustrating part of all is I know a good chunk of these things will not be fixed.

I am so sorry to see the many things that went wrong with your unit...honestly, the average individual could do a better job...obviously some do not know how to use a level or perhaps just don't care to use one!! I am not looking forward to seeing my unit at all, and it's sad because this is my first home purchase. What did George say during your PDI...was he too at a loss for words? For the record, I already gave my dad a heads up and told him that I will be needing his help soon lol

There are a good amount of units on floors 3-7 that are not even ready...so I know for a fact anything above 7 is nowhere near ready. 2nd floor hasn't moved in yet either.

I don't understand how there could be so much miscommunication with the scheduling.

That's probably why Marisa hasn't emailed me back with a response...like seriously, if you are going to call my house, my cell, and send out emails, at least reply when I email you back. I have totally lost faith in this entire process and I have been more than patient. I left it up to my lawyer because I have no idea what is going on. This has turned into a standby PDI situation...kind of feels like waiting to get a deal on a flight, only difference this will not lead to any fun!!

Wow those photos are brutal. This is when you received your keys???

Different question... why does everyone think that the building will be registered? What would be worst case scenario?

I am so sorry to see the many things that went wrong with your unit...honestly, the average individual could do a better job...obviously some do not know how to use a level or perhaps just don't care to use one!! I am not looking forward to seeing my unit at all, and it's sad because this is my first home purchase. What did George say during your PDI...was he too at a loss for words? For the record, I already gave my dad a heads up and told him that I will be needing his help soon lol

Not at a loss but not surprised. I noticed a lot more stuff once I got a chance to go through the unit properly when I got the keys. I have purchased properties in the past that were not as "luxurious" or expensive as this one and the workmanship here is by far the worst. Also, the state in which they left my unit is unacceptable.

I moved into my unit on Saturday and honestly can say I am VERY happy. There are some deficiencies, but nothing I can't live with for a bit. After I cleaned things up (lots of construction dust) - it is MUCH improved. I've been making a list of things for my 30-day Tarion report, but definitely believe I'll be seeing a return on my investment, especially given I purchased back in 2009.

I had a bad PDI experience too...many unfinished items and dirty floors, but things are MUCH better now.

I hope all of you have the same IMPROVED experience.

Wow those photos are brutal. This is when you received your keys???

Different question... why does everyone think that the building will be registered? What would be worst case scenario?

It usually takes 6 months. I believe work lofts took that long. So I'd say March/April at the earliest?

So, root of all of the communication problems is at the source. Not JBL or George. Dig deeper. Anyway PDI for 11th floor got cancelled but Agent managed to get me in to see it. Layout of their model suites, is damn good. "Den" is 2nd bedroom basically it actually felt bigger than master bedroom. Kitchen island is made just right. All in all once finished it will look really nice.

occupancy

I moved into my unit on Saturday and honestly can say I am VERY happy. There are some deficiencies, but nothing I can't live with for a bit. After I cleaned things up (lots of construction dust) - it is MUCH improved. I've been making a list of things for my 30-day Tarion report, but definitely believe I'll be seeing a return on my investment, especially given I purchased back in 2009.

I had a bad PDI experience too...many unfinished items and dirty floors, but things are MUCH better now.

I hope all of you have the same IMPROVED experience.

im signing tomorrow and moving in soon 6th floor did second pdi sun and it was greatly improved.i phoned george for appt.still not satisfactory but livable dirty and all fixable on pdi list and future 30 day tarion.the experience has been very bad ide say if marissa improved er job skills by a factor of ten she would still be fucking useless.communication is a joke but will make money i bought in 2009 and will enjoy unit and probably be gone by the pan am games

Back