253     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 813     2 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 822     0 

Jasonzed's myDrone Activity of Toronto and Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx.... is the no go drone zone downtown that big? Or does your GPS ankle bracelet forbid you from leaving Missy? 🚦

My drone will not even take-off anywhere near an airport unless I get special permission from Transport Canada otherwise there are automatic height restrictions depending how far you are away from an airport.

Along with the fact that my GPS angle bracelet only allows me one visit per week into Toronto otherwise I get chased out and/or neutralized.

Mississauga
P1260086.JPG
P1260145.JPG

My drone will not even take-off anywhere near an airport unless I get special permission from Transport Canada otherwise there are automatic height restrictions depending how far you are away from an airport.

Along with the fact that my GPS angle bracelet only allows me one visit per week into Toronto otherwise I get chased out and/or neutralized.

Hey, Jason. Can I ask you what kind of drone you're flying and how you would apply for your permission from Transport Canada? I'm wondering if the new Mavic Mini that is sub-250g done would be restricted to the once-a-week rule. A Mavic Mini user told me recently when he applies for permission for basically all of downtown Toronto (north of Lake Shore Blvd) that he was granted access for 3 days straight.

Hey, Jason. Can I ask you what kind of drone you're flying and how you would apply for your permission from Transport Canada? I'm wondering if the new Mavic Mini that is sub-250g done would be restricted to the once-a-week rule. A Mavic Mini user told me recently when he applies for permission for basically all of downtown Toronto (north of Lake Shore Blvd) that he was granted access for 3 days straight.

I fly the Mavic Mini as well. I haven't asked as of yet. If you are within a GEO restricted zone, the drone won't even take off unless a special code from Transport Canada is provided and entered in the DJI Fly application. I've been wanting to get drone pictures of the Well and near Queen and Spadina for a bit now. I'm going to get permission and let you know.

Last edited:
Here is the restriction Map for the downtown area based on the mini. This is from the DJI Fly geo website (https://www.dji.com/ca/flysafe/geo-map). Also from the site:
Authorization Zones. In these Zones, which appear blue in the DJI GO map, users will be prompted with a warning and flight is limited by default. Authorization Zones may be unlocked by authorized users using a DJI verified account.

1592306865174.png

I fly the Mavic Mini as well. I haven't asked as of yet. If you are within a GEO restricted zone, the drone won't even take off unless a special code from Transport Canada is provided and entered in the DJI Fly application. I've been wanting to get drone pictures of the Well and near Queen and Spadina for a bit now. I'm going to get permission and let you know.

Awesome. Thanks, Jason!

Bummer. If all four lights were blinking simultaneously when attempting to charge, the battery is damaged. I hope you get it fixed quickly.

Bummer. If all four lights were blinking simultaneously when attempting to charge, the battery is damaged. I hope you get it fixed quickly.
$200 repair. I have no clue how it was damaged. I regret not getting the DJI Care option. I'm holding off on the drone repair. We are now counting on you for the aerials.

Ouch! What part needed replacing?

Are you charging the battery in the drone or using the fly more combo 3bay charger? If the battery is good and it just won't charge while it is in the mini, you can get the 3bay battery pack relatively cheaply, $35USD from DJI. I'm just down the road from you if you want me to charge the battery for you or test it I would be happy to do so.

I did get the DJI Care for the Mini just because it was so light and I thought i might push it harder than my Phantom 4Pro. I'm sorry to hear that you passed up the opportunity. Most of the time you can get by without it and I'm surprised that this isn't a warranty item.

Ouch! What part needed replacing?

Are you charging the battery in the drone or using the fly more combo 3bay charger? If the battery is good and it just won't charge while it is in the mini, you can get the 3bay battery pack relatively cheaply, $35USD from DJI. I'm just down the road from you if you want me to charge the battery for you or test it I would be happy to do so.

I did get the DJI Care for the Mini just because it was so light and I thought i might push it harder than my Phantom 4Pro. I'm sorry to hear that you passed up the opportunity. Most of the time you can get by without it and I'm surprised that this isn't a warranty item.

I always get DJI Care but, for some reason, I did not for this one. I will ask them tomorrow about the battery, I don't have the hub. We'll see tomorrow. Thx for the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back