News   Apr 18, 2024
 347     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2K     4 

Infographics - Future Toronto Skyline

Updated projections of Toronto’s future skyline based on development applications submitted to the city:

52470065929_7e04c32671_k.jpg

Thoughts on the models: huge apologies in advance for suggesting an increase in your workload.

I know in the past we've chatted about the gap between u/c and proposed since "approved" buildings are further down the pipeline than proposed, but there might be an even more compelling "project started" identifier that would change the perception/status of projects and neighbourhood development.

Not to make your life more difficult (LOL... it will) ... regarding capturing this actual "status" gap between under construction (blue) and proposed (pink) in the models... but given buildings like 400 King West are actually in excavation (they have definitely started the project just no crane yet) and others are in or near starting site prep and/or demolition (Forma Phase 1, Sugar Wharf Phase 2 etc.) maybe a project start is worth including.

I'd suggest colour coding these actual project starts in green... 'cause green means go. I guess what I'm suggesting is ignoring the approved issue altogether but identifying significant projects with clear evidence of work underway... as well documented in every thread.

*The least I could do would be to offer you some help if you are interested... but I'd likely get in the way.

Rest assured I, and hundreds of others, are already grateful for these remarkable models ... but you know that.

Thoughts on the models: huge apologies in advance for suggesting an increase in your workload.

I know in the past we've chatted about the gap between u/c and proposed since "approved" buildings are further down the pipeline than proposed, but there might be an even more compelling "project started" identifier that would change the perception/status of projects and neighbourhood development.

Not to make your life more difficult (LOL... it will) ... regarding capturing this actual "status" gap between under construction (blue) and proposed (pink) in the models... but given buildings like 400 King West are actually in excavation (they have definitely started the project just no crane yet) and others are in or near starting site prep and/or demolition (Forma Phase 1, Sugar Wharf Phase 2 etc.) maybe a project start is worth including.

I'd suggest colour coding these actual project starts in green... 'cause green means go. I guess what I'm suggesting is ignoring the approved issue altogether but identifying significant projects with clear evidence of work underway... as well documented in every thread.

*The least I could do would be to offer you some help if you are interested... but I'd likely get in the way.

Rest assured I, and hundreds of others, are already grateful for these remarkable models ... but you know that.

Thanks! You're right on the money that the reason for avoiding the proposed/approved/site prep debacle is time constraints and having to keep the model up-to-date. Will happily take the help if you can track/compile the developments in that grey area.

*if there's a third colour, it likely won't be green (parks are already that colour), so it may be a shade of light orange or something 😆

Thanks! You're right on the money that the reason for avoiding the proposed/approved/site prep debacle is time constraints and having to keep the model up-to-date. Will happily take the help if you can track/compile the developments in that grey area.

*if there's a third colour, it likely won't be green (parks are already that colour), so it may be a shade of light orange or something 😆

Orange you glad I dreamed up more non-paying work for you?

I guess we should touch base (when you have some time in the future) via UT "Conversations" ... if you really want even more volunteer work. ;)

I guess that's even without redeveloping/infilling the south side. Some of it is employment lands, but the Canadian Tire plaza/power centre will face redevelopment pressure. Car dealerships, car rental place, strip malls. Lots more low-value asphalt.

There is a lot of retail here that will be taken out--is there a coherent plan to replace it as part of the redevelopment?

Updated: Supertall Skyscrapers in Toronto:

52561292739_6e0f1a5afb_k.jpg
Kind of crazy that Toronto has so many buildings credibly proposed or under construction that are taller than its current tallest skyscraper. Gives me 'at the peak before the bubble bursts' feelings.

Back