News   May 01, 2024
 548     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 235     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 312     0 

I'm in the market for furniture (Contemporary)

I've been on the prowl for a sofa for 2+ months now. Still nothing. Arghs!!! There aren't that many leather, 3 seater, square armed, chrome/steel legged sofas out there.

I've been on the prowl for a sofa for 2+ months now. Still nothing. Arghs!!! There aren't that many leather, 3 seater, square armed, chrome/steel legged sofas out there.

did you check out the leather Natuzzi posted?
seats 3 (but only has 2 cushions), square arms, metal legs might be an option you can get yourself.

could you post a pic of the look you're going for ... easier to help you source that way.

Last edited:
thanks! any experience with ordering from them in the past? (reputable related etc)

I've bought something from them in the past. The dimensions of the item and those on their website were completely off. They offered to return the item though, but I ended up just craigslisting it because I didn't want to deal with shipping.

Roche-Bobois will have exactly what you're looking for, but it'll cost you in excess of $8000. Have you thought about a custom build. I find you can get design/top grain leather/chrome legs/whatever for about 40% of the cost of a high end sofa. While still more than $2000, it's a lot less than $8000.

did you check out the leather Natuzzi posted?
seats 3 (but only has 2 cushions), square arms, metal legs might be an option you can get yourself.

could you post a pic of the look you're going for ... easier to help you source that way.

I like this sofa at stylegarage
TrudeauSofaBlack_1.jpg

contemporary-sofa-65777.jpg

I don't mind fabric either, but I have my heart set on leahter.

I may have to increase my budget

You can often find original Canadian Modernist furniture and accessories at the Sunday St. Lawrence antique market. A couple of weeks ago I spotted a group of lamps designed by local industrial designer Court Noxon of Metalsmiths:

http://www.courtnoxon.ca/

speaking of sales, does anyone know of any upcoming sales at stylegarage or casalife? The current casalife sale is for floor model furniture and all the good pieces are gone.

Couple pieces I have my eye on, but not willing to pull the trigger at the current inflated price.

Back