iLoft Condos (Camrost-Felcorp) - Real Estate -

your kidding right?...for a investment (rental) downtown is prime but the western part of the lake front its the best of two worlds,close enough to reach the core in less than 20 minutes by the TTC and about 10 minutes by car and you have Humber minutes walk away and you dont have to face the crime and grime of the downtown dwellers.Honestly on a Friday and Saturday night the whole section from Bathurst,Front,Dundas,University is full of cars,loud party hardy drunks and endless noise,how can anyone sleep?..:p

You're essentially taking a negative area of downtown and describing the whole as negative. Recently, I also saw an article which mentioned prostitution on a part of Jarvis, and then seemed to associate this with all of downtown.

Perhaps one should be careful about the crime and grime of the suburban dwellers. I've seen grime all over Etobicoke, including around Humber Bay. Whether it was vandalism in the parks or illegal dumping near the Humber. And what about the local subdivisions: great places for a drug lab.

Nonetheless, the area is nice, but not really definitively superior to many downtown neighbourhoods.

any updates on the construction,it sure looks it moving at a snails pace.Some of the condos near the Spadina off ramp is already up to it 12th floors,last time I checked iLofts was at its 5th floor and they started three months earlier.Heard that the foundation crew has started on the California base.

Luxury townhouses I heard will soon start to be marketed for the existing west facing land across from iLofts.I was told that Camrost is waiting for California to reach its construction sale mark to start putting word out about the town houses.Estimate price entry for the t houses will be about $325,000 and up.

your kidding right?...for a investment (rental) downtown is prime but the western part of the lake front its the best of two worlds,close enough to reach the core in less than 20 minutes by the TTC and about 10 minutes by car and you have Humber minutes walk away and you dont have to face the crime and grime of the downtown dwellers.Honestly on a Friday and Saturday night the whole section from Bathurst,Front,Dundas,University is full of cars,loud party hardy drunks and endless noise,how can anyone sleep?..:p

any news where California is with their sales......seems to be very slow with an original close date of Oct 2009......Also if they delay is there anyway to get out of the deal with the 38K deposit being returned?

I spend a fair amount of time in the area and have tried to follow these projects, but isn't California scheduled to be complete in 2011? 2009 doesn't make sense as they only opened for sales last year.

Also, they have already started construction on part of California, while they have been building iLoft.

If I were investing in property, I wouldn't want to take out my deposits from any project. Over time, the real-estate market has proven to be the best form of investment and it will continue to be that way.

Who told you 2009 is going to be construction date for California,they started to sell them in early fall of 2008.The base framing has already started in conjunction with iLofts.You legally cannot get out of contract for the deposit after the grace period is over but why would you?..you definitely not losing any money on the purchase and by the time its built hopefully the recovery of the real estate market will be in full swing.

I'd be surprised that anyone would have said that California would be done this year... iLoft should be completed spring next year, so I'd expect Calif to be completed winter 2010 if not spring 2011.

I spend a fair amount of time in the area and have tried to follow these projects, but isn't California scheduled to be complete in 2011? 2009 doesn't make sense as they only opened for sales last year.

Also, they have already started construction on part of California, while they have been building iLoft.

If I were investing in property, I wouldn't want to take out my deposits from any project. Over time, the real-estate market has proven to be the best form of investment and it will continue to be that way.
\

i don't know ... with the current new prices/promotions, i'm sure they're much lower than what the original people bought them at. If you can take them out and buy now at a lower price then why not?.

wow iLofts construction been moving at a good pace..finally.I was told there be a good chance that move in for lower floors be April.Those who fear about a lowrise condo on the west side might be less worried,I heard there is group of nimby residence voicing complaints about "overcrowding" for this area so we might still see townhouses.Anyways if they do build condo it be another 3-4 years until its fully capped so enjoy the view until then.

Colour selection

Hey guys,
Did anyone get an invite to do the colour selection yet??
I'm getting so anxious!! Also, any news on the future developments and the date when they will finally put the cap on??

They called me to book an appointment. They said that they have just started to make calls. Can't wait.

east side does look like all single flats......
I've been by the site today. Didn't get a picture, but it looks like floors 25 and 26 are a two story unit. They're working on 27-28 right now. Roof cap should be on in a couple of weeks at this rate.

They called me to book an appointment. They said that they have just started to make calls. Can't wait.
As I understand it, it's Camrost office calling right? May I ask which floor you purchased and what were your choices for appointments? I am curious as I'm on vacation from Mid Nov to Mid Dec and wonder if I will have to push my appointment until I get back. Thanks :)

/edit: I called up Camrost to push up my date. Colour selection will be taking place in the podium (where the iLoft sales were taking place initially)

Last edited:
Here's a recent pic. This is from Oct 3rd.
You can see that there is partial glass on the 8th floor

The deck is on the 30th floor. I'm guessing that that's the ceiling for the 1st level of the top "floor" of lofts. That probably means that the final slab (the 31st floor) will be poured within the next week or two. If we're lucky, we should all all final occupancy dates by Halloween!

Anyone been to pick colours yet? Any good upgrades available and if so, are the prices reasonable? I've got my date set in just over 3 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_0106 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_0106 - Copy.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 291
Wooba,
What floor are you on?
They haven't called me yet, so I'm just curious how long until I get called..

Also, did anyone notice that corner unit bedroom windows look frosted... I'm not liking that at all.. it seem that 2 window panels are normal glass and the other 2 are frosted. Can anyone comment please, as I'm stressing out !
Thank you guys! :)

Back