News   Apr 26, 2024
 842     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 254     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 753     0 

Hyatt on King West (Holiday Inn remake) COMPLETE

You keep saying that, as they add more and more stuff to the building.

Thereby proving my point more than yours. It's apparent that they're continually adding things to it; like another coat of paint perhaps.

The lobby certainly is a giant leap forward. The restaurant one floor below is a bit of a looker now too. Interior work remains imcomplete mind you...

23 March 2009 photo update

dsc01584.jpg

March 27 update

Hi folks,

Noticed some new wood paneling going up this morning as I walked by, so I grabbed a shot with my Blackberry for you (sorry for the quality):

attachment.php

This is on the King St W side, obviously. Just east of the Starbucks.

Cheers,
bawm

Attachments

• 20090327-hyatt.jpg
    20090327-hyatt.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 739
Commerce Court is stainlesss which is in an entirely different price index . A metallic grey alcubond doesn't look nearly as good.

^How well does it burn?

Decking as a wall cladding ... awesome! I'm not necessarily a fan of wood cladding but, if it has to be then wood composites like Parklex or Prodema are the way to go.

Last edited:
Well, it looks like black stone and wood panelling is the new theme of the base of this building. I think we'll see more of it covering up the grey panels.

Ipe (pronounced Epay) is an extremely hard Brazilian plantation wood, and makes for some gorgeous, durable flooring. This is the first time I have seen it used in an exterior application.

So maybe that means in a few years the wood will look as worn and tired as the rest of the building does now.

Back