News   Jul 22, 2024
 32     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 941     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 4K     7 

How's the weather in your area?

It must be my British bones, but I prefer my summers wet and cool over dry and hot. During the great storm I sat on the front porch with my tea and enjoyed the show. Though I did have to shop vac up a little water in the basement.
I can handle wet and cool over wet, hot and humid.

Me too - I absolutely hate it to the point where I googled the least humid city in Canada - turns out to be Kamloops.
Inter-range, rain shadow desert. Then there's the whole wildfire thing.

When I down in Arizona many moons ago, they are right about the 'it's a dry heat' thing. So long as you are out of the sun, it's quite bearable. Your perspiration actually gets to do what it is meant to do. With high humidity, it doesn't evaporate as well - it just sits there.

Inter-range, rain shadow desert. Then there's the whole wildfire thing.

When I down in Arizona many moons ago, they are right about the 'it's a dry heat' thing. So long as you are out of the sun, it's quite bearable. Your perspiration actually gets to do what it is meant to do. With high humidity, it doesn't evaporate as well - it just sits there.

Evaporative cooling actually works - but then access to water will be a long-term issue in most of these areas. These freak storms aside, the Great Lakes region is probably one of the safest area in terms of natural disaster risk.

AoD

Me too - I absolutely hate it to the point where I googled the least humid city in Canada - turns out to be Kamloops.

I spent the last two weeks in Victoria on Vancouver Island. Even on days with 28 degree temperatures, Mother Nature's very own air conditioning kicked in and cooled the nights off. I never used the AC once! I left my balcony door open all night, they don't have bugs out there like we have here. If i did that in Toronto, I'd be swarmed with millions of mosquitoes! Bugs love our tropical humid weather.

Back