News   Aug 13, 2024
 778     1 
News   Aug 13, 2024
 460     0 
News   Aug 13, 2024
 671     0 

How to stop dummies from driving on the raised TTC ROWs?

You might have noticed that streetcars and subway cars both lack license plates on them. Does that mean that they are both considered to be railways? What class of driver's license does one technically need to drive them, or can one drive them without one?

And if they are considered railways, what are the laws if you drive your automobile on the CNR or CPR railway tracks? Would the same apply on the TTC tracks, whether exposed or covered? And what could you be technically charged with if you collide with a streetcar or street railway car?

Just off the top of my head, I think the streetcars are considered to be "street railways", governed by the same act as the railways but with separate regulations. This is why they don't have license plates. I assume a driver's license isn't legally required, but the TTC requires one to get hired.

from the highway traffic act

32 (2) No person shall drive a street car on a highway unless he or she holds a driver’s licence. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 32 (2)

dunno what class you need

from the highway traffic act

32 (2) No person shall drive a street car on a highway unless he or she holds a driver’s licence. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 32 (2)

dunno what class you need

Is that "street car" or "streetcar"? "Car" could also be "subway car" or "train car", that's why inserting the space could change the meaning.

Back