News   Aug 10, 2020
 39     0 
News   Aug 07, 2020
 3.2K     6 
News   Aug 07, 2020
 766     0 

Honeydale Mall Redevelopment (5555 Dundas St W, Azuria Group, ?, ?)

vic

Member Bio
Reaction score
I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the mall is now completely closed, boarded up, and even the parking lot is fenced off. Seems there are people working during the day as gates are open with the occasional car in there.

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the mall is now completely closed, boarded up, and even the parking lot is fenced off. Seems there are people working during the day as gates are open with the occasional car in there.
When I was still living in Brampton, and had a short day at university, I'd sometimes borrow a family car and park at Honeydale to avoid the TTC parking charge - hop on a 111 or 112 bus for the quick ride to Kipling.

PMT

Member Bio
Reaction score
Reviving the thread to post this. From the LPAT: https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onlpat/doc/2019/2019canlii29211/2019canlii29211.html

BACKGROUND IN BRIEF:

[1] On March 27, 2012, the Parties listed above reached a settlement on Zoning By-law amendments which would facilitate the redevelopment of 5555 Dundas Street West and 10 Shorncliffe Road in the former borough of Etobicoke. The Board rendered an oral disposition allowing the appeals but withheld its order pending fulfillment of three conditions. One of the conditions, the execution and registration of the s. 37 Agreement remains outstanding.

[2] Following an enquiry by the Tribunal on the status of the outstanding condition, Azuria Group requested a Telephone Conference Call (“TCC”), which was scheduled on February 28, 2019.

February 28, 2019

[3] The City was not present at this TCC. The parties reported that the City had not responded to their enquiries on the outstanding matter and sought a further TCC, which was scheduled on March 27, 2019.

March 27, 2019

[4] The City and Azuria Group advised the Tribunal that they were making progress and were confident that a decision would be made on the outstanding Section 37 issue.

[5] The Case Coordinator is to be informed no later than 60 days following this TCC, on the status of the remaining condition.

[6] This is the order of the Tribunal.
So... progress?

swigg

Member Bio
Reaction score
Really hope they do something with this property, it's such an eyesore in an otherwise transforming neighbourhood.