Toronto Honeydale Mall Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Fieldgate

Hopefully they plan all the redevelopment in such a way to make a subway extension as painless as possible.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the mall is now completely closed, boarded up, and even the parking lot is fenced off. Seems there are people working during the day as gates are open with the occasional car in there.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the mall is now completely closed, boarded up, and even the parking lot is fenced off. Seems there are people working during the day as gates are open with the occasional car in there.

When I was still living in Brampton, and had a short day at university, I'd sometimes borrow a family car and park at Honeydale to avoid the TTC parking charge - hop on a 111 or 112 bus for the quick ride to Kipling.

Reviving the thread to post this. From the LPAT: https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onlpat/doc/2019/2019canlii29211/2019canlii29211.html

BACKGROUND IN BRIEF:

[1] On March 27, 2012, the Parties listed above reached a settlement on Zoning By-law amendments which would facilitate the redevelopment of 5555 Dundas Street West and 10 Shorncliffe Road in the former borough of Etobicoke. The Board rendered an oral disposition allowing the appeals but withheld its order pending fulfillment of three conditions. One of the conditions, the execution and registration of the s. 37 Agreement remains outstanding.

[2] Following an enquiry by the Tribunal on the status of the outstanding condition, Azuria Group requested a Telephone Conference Call (“TCC”), which was scheduled on February 28, 2019.

February 28, 2019

[3] The City was not present at this TCC. The parties reported that the City had not responded to their enquiries on the outstanding matter and sought a further TCC, which was scheduled on March 27, 2019.

March 27, 2019

[4] The City and Azuria Group advised the Tribunal that they were making progress and were confident that a decision would be made on the outstanding Section 37 issue.

[5] The Case Coordinator is to be informed no later than 60 days following this TCC, on the status of the remaining condition.

[6] This is the order of the Tribunal.

So... progress?

Really hope they do something with this property, it's such an eyesore in an otherwise transforming neighbourhood.

A 55 and 61m height limit across most of the site? Does anyone actually think that will stand? Also, the proponent's website is pretty...sus...

1671912134522.png

Seems like Fieldgate Commercial is attached to this site. Hopefully this area gets redeveloped around the time of Cloverdale mall. This area is a massive eyesore as it sits right now and with so much discussion around housing, it's confusing to me why this area is not being utilized. With the location so close to the 427, QEW, airport, a TTC subway station, the new Kipling Transit hub...crossing fingers we see something here in the near future...or at least an application for development. If not, seems like a big miss in my opinion. This stretch of Dundas can easily be like the Yonge/Eglinton or Yonge/Sheppard neighbourhoods.

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG

Seems like Fieldgate Commercial is attached to this site. Hopefully this area gets redeveloped around the time of Cloverdale mall. This area is a massive eyesore as it sits right now and with so much discussion around housing, it's confusing to me why this area is not being utilized. With the location so close to the 427, QEW, airport, a TTC subway station, the new Kipling Transit hub...crossing fingers we see something here in the near future...or at least an application for development. If not, seems like a big miss in my opinion. This stretch of Dundas can easily be like the Yonge/Eglinton or Yonge/Sheppard neighbourhoods.

View attachment 494634View attachment 494635View attachment 494636
Well, that's sheer insanity. The area does not need a development that appears to be a big box retail centre with five towers popping out up top, and plenty of surface parking. Who's planning this, the previous century? Is the idea here that the Cloverdale redevelopment, which at least rates as a product of the 2000s, will need a throwback across the street to house stick-in-the-mud types? This would be Westlake to 2150 Lake Shore, but in that case Westlake was designed a decade before 2150 Lake Shore and not the reverse. Argh.

September 17th photos- finally remembering to post in this thread
1696465123932.jpeg

1696465134810.jpeg

The renderings in @apmYYZ July 24th posting do not appear to actually involve the current mall footprint but rather the strip from roughly the Rockpile parking lot eastward to Paulart drive which is the signalized intersection at the far east end.

Back