News   Apr 18, 2024
 402     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.9K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.1K     4 

Holt Renfrew (includes hr2)

It's disappointing that while both Saks and Nordstrom have online shopping options, you have to deal with all the inconveniences of international online shopping. Even though they have stores here in Canada, you still have to pay duties and international shipping rates when buying online. You also have to send the product back by mail for a return, instead of being able to take it to the store.

The Holt café in the concourse level of the Holt Renfrew Centre is closed and all boarded up.

It's disappointing that while both Saks and Nordstrom have online shopping options, you have to deal with all the inconveniences of international online shopping. Even though they have stores here in Canada, you still have to pay duties and international shipping rates when buying online. You also have to send the product back by mail for a return, instead of being able to take it to the store.

That's disappointing. I've ordered from Hudson's Bay and always find the experience positive. It is kind of odd that you can reserve online and pickup in store, but that you can't simply go to a store and get the online price.

I've never shopped at Nordstrom's and can't say I find anything there very compelling.

That's disappointing. I've ordered from Hudson's Bay and always find the experience positive. It is kind of odd that you can reserve online and pickup in store, but that you can't simply go to a store and get the online price.

I've never shopped at Nordstrom's and can't say I find anything there very compelling.

The American stores are larger and have better selection. It's too bad the brand's presence in Canada is so limited.

Reactions: syn
The American stores are larger and have better selection. It's too bad the brand's presence in Canada is so limited.

Depends on the store. If you compare flagship to flagship, then yes, it's certainly true. However, I was at a (the?) San Francisco store recently and it was dreadful compared to TEC.

Depends on the store. If you compare flagship to flagship, then yes, it's certainly true. However, I was at a (the?) San Francisco store recently and it was dreadful compared to TEC.

Interesting. Based on what I remember, both the Twelve Oaks Mall and Somerset Collection Nordstroms in Metro Detroit seemed comparable to Nordstrom at the Eaton Centre in size and far bigger than the location at Yorkdale. Those Metro Detroit locations aren't even considered flagship stores in the US.

Not entirely so.

The Vancouver store is 'flagship' Its considerably large than the TEC model, in fact one of their largest.

Why the opted to go so small at TEC I'm not at all clear on, but i do think it was a mistake.

We've discussed at some length where they went wrong w/the TEC store, but I'll pitch one small thing again, as I passed through yesterday, I confirmed (As they had a small open spot) how much they dropped the ceilings from when it was Eatons.

Total mistake makes the space feel far less grand.

Ah well.

The Vancouver store is 'flagship' Its considerably large than the TEC model, in fact one of their largest.

Why the opted to go so small at TEC I'm not at all clear on, but i do think it was a mistake.

The Pacific Centre store is 230k square feet, Eaton Centre is 220k. Not sure anyone could notice the 10k square feet but i could be wrong.

The Pacific Centre store is 230k square feet, Eaton Centre is 220k. Not sure anyone could notice the 10k square feet but i could be wrong.

Didn't realize TEC was that big, I remembered this article from Retail-Insider pegging it at 213,000.

https://www.retail-insider.com/retail-insider/2015/5/nordstrom-flagships

TEC seems small.

Nordstrom doesn't run the biggest stores (for flagships).

Curiously, as noted in the article linked above, they apparently consider TEC a flagship.

Yet, its 50,000 sq ft plus smaller than Chicago.

And 150,000sq ft smaller than Seattle.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/Externa...WxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1&cb=636034198141418256

I suspect it is considered a flagship because at 220k square feet it is significantly bigger than your average nordstrom (which is about 150k). And also they have that section for revolving pop-ups, which they mostly do at flagships. It most likely feels not that impressive when compared to Yorkdale which is not much smaller....

If Nordstrom's doesn't make it there, I'm afraid the spot will start to be looked-upon as jinxed.
Nordstrom is the wrong store for the Eaton Centre. They would like the place to be more high end, but it's not working. Simons would have been a much better fit. The timing is perfect, just give another floor to BMO ;)

Nordstrom is the wrong store for the Eaton Centre. They would like the place to be more high end, but it's not working. Simons would have been a much better fit. The timing is perfect, just give another floor to BMO ;)

Nordstrom isn't really high end though. It's for the upper middle class, below Holts, Saks, and Neiman Marcus.

Nordstrom isn't really high end though. It's for the upper middle class, below Holts, Saks, and Neiman Marcus.

No it's a high-end the store. They are on the same level as Saks, and Neiman Marcus in the states. These prices might work in the US with a bigger population of rich people, but i don't know it's going to work here. Maybe they should try to targeting the middle class shoppers with their Canadian stores.

I like Simons, but most of the store is geared towards the under 30 crowd.

Back