News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 872     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1K     0 

Hillary Clinton: "I'm in"

Jeb?

I think not. The Bush dynasty is over with this Bush. George W. has done profound harm to his family name. His popularity is plunging and he's only making it worse with his recent moves: We love Donald, then Rumsfeld is fired; Let's send more troops to Iraq, then members of his own party turn against him.

W. is in a lonely place politically and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. He will leave office in 2008 very unpopular.

If the Republicans pull some divine miracle to become popular enough, we may end up with another Bush in the White House.
A frathouse wiseacre might say that President Hillary might mean another, er, bush in the White House. Well, if that's her actual genital attributes, that is.

Ah, I miss the (in?)glory days of National Lampoon...

Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush. Clinton? Come on, there are 300 million Americans. Surely we can tap into that and diversify the surnames a bit.
Um...pot. Kettle. Black. Anybody care to wager on the Ben Mulroney-Alex Trudeau (hell, Pierre Emanuel c. 2050 or so)-Avi Lewis election debates c. 2020 or thereabouts?

Ben Mulroney is into politics? Ohhhh... have I got some dirt on him. lol :hat

... actually, I bet many people have dirt on him. If you see the way he parties at night clubs, you'll wager that he never intends to run for office.

I'd be much more curious to see what someone of mixed Black Muslim-White Christian background has to offer. I don't know much about Obama but Hillary is as much a phony as her husband.

I think they're all phonies.

I know what you mean. Obama and Edwards often look polished to the point of looking completely artificial, especially Obama.

The Obama forms an "Exploratory Committee" announcement video was like something out of a really bad movie. A committee to decide if you want to run as a candidate? Good grief. If you need a committee to figure out something as basic as whether or not you are motivated enough to run then how will anything get accomplished in office? The whole kissing ass with the media and the media kissing his ass thing seems over the top. "Please run Obama, Please!" "Now, now, lets not be hasty. I fully intend to run but I think it will look better if I pretend I am modestly considering not running." It almost seems like he thinks the whole country has already decided he is the guy and now he is trying to make it look like he is trying to figure out if it makes sense for him to accept. He seems very artificial.

Hillary doesn't seem like a mobilizing speaker, her speeches always seem to miss the punch. Once in a while she will make a comment that reads like she wants to say "I understand what you are going through" but in fact gives the complete opposite message. She is smart and is Bill's wife... that doesn't necessarily mean necessarily equate to great president. Bill was a good speaker and still is.

Edwards is a decent speaker, his weakness is looking fake waving at the crowds like every crowd has his best friend in it and he is jesturing "long time no see buddy". I think he would have the best chances and would make the best president out of the three. He looked far more presidential than Kerry in 2004.

I wish Gore would come back and run.

I'd prefer Gore or Richardson in my opinion. I agree completely about Obama. I can't stand Hillary either.

This race is starting awfully early. It won't be for 17 months before the eventual chosen candidate is chosen by the people.

Then there's Vilsack!

(Cue Adma and the Aflac duck)

Enviro, the exploratory committee is no invention of Obama, it's standard practice.

Filing papers to run for President without looking out there to see if you will have support is irresponsible. The exploratory phase is also an opportunity to raise money before beginning the campaign. They make a big announcement out of it because starting an exploratory committee is made public and everybody would know that they filed, therefore making a public announcement out of it is preferred.

As for looking phony, it's a requirement if you want to get any attention these days. I would suggest that 1/3 of the voter base votes upon look and charisma alone. Looking presidential requires being very calculated about your steps, your look and your words. That inevitably results in looking phony.

I too would love Gore to come back, but I'm excited about the possibility of breaking new ground with a female President. If Gore wants to jump in, I'm sure we'll hear about it soon, but I somehow doubt it.

Also, the primary season in '08 is likely to contract from the usual 3-4 months to as little as 3-4 weeks. Candidates will not be able to do what they've done in the past - go into New Hampshire and Iowa with $4 million bucks or so and count on the cash coming in after good results there. This time, the candidates will have to run a national campaign, and so they need to get in early to raise the $100 million necessary to do that. Launching an exploratory committee allows candiates to see if they can raise enough money to be credible without having to run the risk of declaring an intention to run, only to get out before the primaries even start.

Obama rhymes with...? Actually, CNN recently referred to him under that other name and I can see Republicans having a lot of fun with it.

Edwards and Obama are both great candidates. However, as much as it pains me to say, he's the new Al Sharpton: the token black dude. If you've visited the US, you know they're far from getting over looking at African Americans as inferior.

There's no way in hell Asians and Hispanics will vote for a Black guy (or for that matter all the other minorities). Sad but true.

Enviro, the exploratory committee is no invention of Obama, it's standard practice.

I'm not saying it is. But watching the video on his site it really feels fake. An exploratory committee when I'm sure the decision has already been made, barring fiscal issues, is pointless though. I think the right Black or female candidate could win... for example I think Oprah could win because she presents herself well, she has a lot of respect, etc. An over the top candidate like Sharpton could not win. Obama is hard to watch... he always looks like he is reading cue cards and has little real personality. People need to see a personality that connects with their own.

^ true... but that's irrelevant for me anyways, I'm rooting for Hillary.

... notice that her campaign sign is her first name, not CLINTON for President. Good marketing heads behind this. :smokin

She has the best political advisor of our time - and she gets his services for nothing.

I think it would be wonderful to have Gore throw his hat in, and it may yet happen. He is a pretty amazing guy, as I think we have all come to realise after the debacle of his opponent winning. Or 'winning.'

In the vein of the Bushes, it really is too bad that it was W. and not Jeb who ended up running in the first place--Jeb was always the smart one in the family, apparently, and the one being groomed to succeed Sr., and is by most accounts a fairly decent guy. Instead, however, we got the present mess...

My second favorite scenario (sometimes my first) would be for Gore to run, win the nomination and run with Hillary as his vice president. What an unstoppable duo!

When Gore stepped down after 2 terms, Hillary would be a seasoned vice president and the American public would be used to a woman in the WhiteHouse: 16 year Democrat dynasty. :D

Back