News   Jun 21, 2024
 4.4K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Heintzman Place (formerly Village By High Park, Junction, Options, 23s, Burka)

I agree Mulock Avenue is a nice street compare to what it was say 10 plus years ago. The street and people living
on the street have cleaned up and a lot quieter then before. It has a lot of potential and nice homes as well and
plenty of opportunity to becoming even better. A lot of the homes have been renovated and who knows
what will become of the street with all the recent developments in the area "Mall Complex, Potential Condo's etc..

Thanks

Just a Thought.

When Canada Bread closes--c. early 2012--expect that condo dev between the bakery and St Clair to go ahead. The C.B. site itself would make a nice loft conversion with maybe 8-10s of modern condos above--like those on Carlaw.

Yesterday I noticed tons of youngish folk walking from Dundas to their new condos--and only the shorter tower is occuppied. Gonna really add to the vibrancy of the Junction as developers push for more condos in the area.

I agree, I actually heard from some people in the area that Tridel is purchasing or in the process of purchasing/partnering up with Canada Bread
for the bread facility at 130 Cawthra Avenue. I also noticed this on a blog or two as well, who knows this could happen. I actually heard Canada Bread
will shutdown the north side of the plant sometime in April - June 2011 and the South end of the plant in November 2011. The new plant in Hamilton
starts full production in June 2011 so this sounds pretty good to be true.

Thanks.

April 03, 2011
5588012208_b00f00bbff_b.jpg

5588019200_54ae2f5523_b.jpg

5588036508_ba802cf445_b.jpg

[video=youtube;aqVK8HaEaCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqVK8HaEaCg[/video]

It doesn't look great from that angle, but better from the south. I wish the whole thing was scaled down in size by a third...
AmJ

Yeah it really is too tall for the area. I mean if you can put something this tall here--a site surrounded by lowrise Hook, Cawthra, Vine, etc--than you can put 'em anywhere. If I owned property in the area, I'd go to the city asking for 30s lol.

If you saw the entrance it would remind you more of a mcmansion than a 40s warehouse. The only positive going for it is I've noticed a ton of attractive single gals live here, which is what I'm in the market for...:D

^ I was just thinking that. Also, the fact that the Junction has always been half-industrial, half-rough-and-tumble makes its outlandishness fit in. As mega-projects go, this is a pretty decent mega-project. I do with they'd given a bit of thought and money to the rail-side, though.

Yeah, as little thought as they put into it, I actually prefer the back side of these.

Sarcastic slow golf clap for Burka. I wonder if this what they pictured when they went to school for architecture? I feel like taking lots of pictures of this with OWNED written on them and mailing it to their homes. Or maybe compile them into a youtube slideshow with the theme from "lowered expectations" playing in a loop.

Last edited:
I don't know, I kind of like the fact that the back looks like the office wing of a 30's era car factory in Detroit.

I don't know, I kind of like the fact that the back looks like the office wing of a 30's era car factory in Detroit.

You're probably being sarcastic, but I actually do like it for that reason. Unpretentious, monumental. It fits the Junction's blue-collar aesthetic.

And I'll take this stuff over 90% of the buildings being built on the Etobicoke lakeshore.

I agree, although it does sort of resemble a giant warehouse or factory from the 30s or 40s from the North side, this is what the Junction was known for. This building suits the neighbourhood very well, while acknowledging history. Some glass and concrete modern building would have looked ridiculous here.

Back