News   Jul 05, 2024
 3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 2K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 701     0 

Heintzman Place (formerly Village By High Park, Junction, Options, 23s, Burka)

Makes sense. I'm sure this is true, but with bigger parcels of land, a developer is going to be able to spread the cost of decontaminating across more residential purchasers. It's probably more reasonable than this small site.

Makes sense. I'm sure this is true, but with bigger parcels of land, a developer is going to be able to spread the cost of decontaminating across more residential purchasers. It's probably more reasonable than this small site.

Options for Homes owns the land and leases it to the CT gas station and lube shop. They would have preferred to develop the land (obviously) but that lease was part of the original sale to Nexxt Development and Options inherited the lease. If Canadian Tire would move the gas station to St Clair (where they decided to build out their garden centre instead), Options would do whatever necessary to clean it up and build in a heartbeat.

I'd like to see the Canadian Tire station go as well, along with the cheap three storey retail/residential block right beside it. It's the one with the parking in front, and it just doesn't fit in.

A big chunk of the Section 37 money (I think it's $150,000) from Options for Homes is going to the Junction BIA (to be matched by the city) for streetscaping improvements on Keele Street north of Dundas. So it's time to let the imagination run wild about what could help to heal that poor benighted strip.

23 April 2010 update:

1)The view from Hook Av looking west:

dsc02837fp.jpg

2)From Indian Grove looking north:

dsc02834q.jpg

3)From suburban hell @St Clair and Keele:

dsc02847f.jpg

4)From the coolest viewpoint on Earth.:)

dsc02816.jpg

Trial Balcony!

Here's the first completed balcony in the project! Looks sharp. I love the grey tint used on the building, a lot better than the type used on that Liberty Village project on the southside of Liberty St. It also works with the brick. I can't wait to see all the balconies done, as it will look a lot more cohesive...the "whiteish" concrete slab on the unfinished balconies takes away from the overall look, but thankfully it's temporary. This looks quite different from the original rendering of the project. Nicely done.

bal01.jpg

bal02.jpg

bal03.jpg

The name of this thread may need to be changed to Heintzman Place

Last edited:
Is someone spearheading a name-change? Village by High Park is not a good name for something so far from High Park, and they might as well commemorate the piano company.

Back