Haven on the Bluffs (VHL Developments) - Real Estate -

Oh no How bad was it?
Outside/inside unit door , appalling condition. Framing , appalling.
Damage/chips inside bedroom doors.
Entire unit needs repainting. Wasn’t cleaned. Felt like still under construction .
Inside tiles covered in cement and chipped.
No proper calking throughout.
Glass panel missing from balcony!
Etc etc

Hello Neighbours
I have a parking spot that I am going to rent out.
Please let me know if your interest and what you'd be willing to pay, as I'm not sure what the going rate is

Thanks

We will be looking to rent an extra parking spot :)
I would be happy to pay the going rate (but i'm not sure what that would be -- seems to vary a lot)

Does anyone know if you need to call to schedule a PDI before your occupancy date(either 1 week or 2 weeks before)? Or do you schedule the PDI after your occupancy date? I don't want to move in when there are issues with the unit.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if you need to call to schedule a PDI before your occupancy date(either 1 week or 2 weeks before)? Or do you schedule the PDI after your occupancy date? I don't want to move in when there are issues with the unit.

Thanks!

You’re supposed to do your PDI before occupancy. Not sure where they’re at, floor wise, in scheduling PDIs. What floor are you on? I’m on the 10th floor and haven’t heard anything. But I’ve walked by and noticed some people on the 7th floor have moved in. So I’m assuming it’s close.

You’re supposed to do your PDI before occupancy. Not sure where they’re at, floor wise, in scheduling PDIs. What floor are you on? I’m on the 10th floor and haven’t heard anything. But I’ve walked by and noticed some people on the 7th floor have moved in. So I’m assuming it’s close.

Thanks! I'm moving in on the 8th floor, but not until September 13th.They should be contacting me soon. I will contact them to see what the schedule is like.

Thanks! I'm moving in on the 8th floor, but not until September 13th.They should be contacting me soon. I will contact them to see what the schedule is like.

We are on the 9th floor and haven't received a PDI date, but our sales agent mentioned it would most likely be the week prior to our occupancy date (September 10th).

We are on the 9th floor and haven't received a PDI date, but our sales agent mentioned it would most likely be the week prior to our occupancy date (September 10th).

I got an email saying the same thing. My PDI would be scheduled on the same day considering we have the same occupancy date. Does that not give us very little time before occupancy? Is this normally the case?

Outside/inside unit door , appalling condition. Framing , appalling.
Damage/chips inside bedroom doors.
Entire unit needs repainting. Wasn’t cleaned. Felt like still under construction .
Inside tiles covered in cement and chipped.
No proper calking throughout.
Glass panel missing from balcony!
Etc etc

It's quite frustrating there is tons of things that need to be fixed but I believe that the builder is focus on finishing all the units to have everyone move in and they are neglecting all the repairs that have to be done in the units that have been occupied just make sure you report everything to Tarion before the 30 days and hope for the best my unit looked better when I did the PDI the day that I moved in I walked in and had workers bags on the kitchen counter and the place was all dirty most of the things that were listed on the PDI had not been fixed you just have to be prepared.......

I've been in my unit for about three weeks. During PDI Laura only noted the big items. I'd recommend that you have her write down everything you see as a defficiency.

Upon move in my unit was filfthy. Honestly I spent about 2 hours sweeping, mopping and wiping it down before I could set up my unit.

When I received interim occupancy many of the item some my pdi list were not completed. A number of them have since been rectified as a result of both their plans and much of my pestering. There are still a number of items that I will list on my 30 day, but it is expected. To be honest I believe vhl is trying to get more occupants in to help pay off their monthly incurred costs. Eventually if you list items on your pdi, they may did it but it's a slow roll. Be patient, we are all in the same boat.

I would note that the base light fixtures are terrible. I have changed out a number of them. Also there is no light in the living room.

Overall I am not unsatisfied because of the cheap purchase price.

My occupancy date was scheduled for Aug 7th. I received an email July 24th asking me to select my PDI date. Options were Aug 1,2, or 3rd.

One piece of advice, they only give you 1 hour for your PDI, given how messy the place will be during your PDI its not long enough for a thorough inspection. I would suggest bringing multiple people and assign them each a specific room to inspect to ensure you catch as much as you can as it will be hard to do it all yourself.

Heres some pics of issues we found. Chips in tiles and large scratches on the kitchen panel were the main issues. Overall, after they finished fully painting and we gave it a thorough cleaning its in pretty good shape.

Attachments

• 352D800C-8942-443B-86A1-516BB533C681.jpeg
    352D800C-8942-443B-86A1-516BB533C681.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 451
  • F1C70197-B54B-4A7B-A42E-6D05BF608712.jpeg
    F1C70197-B54B-4A7B-A42E-6D05BF608712.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 477
  • 9BA7DA9B-7DDC-4AAF-A144-37A1B1D947DE.jpeg
    9BA7DA9B-7DDC-4AAF-A144-37A1B1D947DE.jpeg
    234.1 KB · Views: 474
  • 90C0B472-5E7C-4610-AECD-00045BAC947B.jpeg
    90C0B472-5E7C-4610-AECD-00045BAC947B.jpeg