News   Oct 01, 2024
 640     0 
News   Oct 01, 2024
 1K     2 

Harbourfront and Skyline from L'Art Boat

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
At Parliament Street, the wonderful idea of having art in shipping containers (check Darkstar's thread for more pics)

Boat1.jpg

Boat2.jpg

Boat3.jpg

Boat4.jpg

Boat5.jpg

Boat6.jpg

Boat7.jpg

Boat8.jpg

Boat9.jpg

Boat10.jpg

Pier 27 Condo sales office installation.

Boat11.jpg

Boat12.jpg

Good angle of Trillium.

Boat13.jpg

Boat14.jpg

Boat15.jpg

Boat16.jpg

Boat17.jpg

Boat18.jpg

Boat19.jpg

Boat20.jpg

Boat21.jpg

Boat22.jpg

Boat23.jpg

Boat24.jpg

Boat25.jpg

HTO almost done.

HTO.jpg

Here's a quick pic I took tonight. Just got back from Halifax so I haven't had a chance to do a good amount of shots of the luminato set up but I definitely will this week at some point.
Cheers

luminato2.jpg

The shipping containers are cool. I remember being in Montreal a few years ago and walking along a pier lined with shipping containers. Each container was a store selling crafts and small souvenir type things. They had glass fronts which made them look pretty cool.

Anyways... the pic of the art in containers just reminded me of that good time.

This picture makes me all the more unhappy with the building of a condo here (Pier 27) - no matter how nice it will be - and that there will not be a magnificent new public space at the foot of Yonge, with a sweeping view up through the heart of the city.

I'm curious, is there any possibility for infill at this site (right at the foot of Yonge St. to the west of Pier 22), so that a public space on the water could have that magnificent backdrop?

Back