News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.2K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 569     1 

Hakim Optical - Dundas Square

Is this the stupidest project in the entire GTA?

• Of course it is.

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Without a doubt.

Votes: 46 65.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I picked up my glasses which were being repaired at Hakim Yonge/Victoria and asked the manager when they were moving to the new building. She rolled her eyes and said they didn't have a date but did mention that there was a problem with the structure which caused the delay in getting it built.

June 10

They have the block wall up to the 2nd floor and briking it now. Has come a long way in the short time they restated this thing.
IMG_june-11-09-0091.JPG

IMG_june-11-09-0090.JPG

IMG_june-11-09-0089.JPG

With a laneway in between, this would have made an excellent bridged space for CityTV/Omni to expand into.

Well, Office space is assigned to the upper floors.

With the secrecy that Rogers has been keeping the final form of their building, and with news that they're seeking office space in the area, who knows if Rogers isn't planning this already?

Hey, at least they have windows facing the alley. You expect the alley side to be extruded panels or blank bricks walls. The real test to the beauty of this building will be when they clad the front.

I like it better as a steel skeleton. Got this Inland Steel/Sidney Smith Hall thing going

Am I the only one who sees this as a very temporary building? Considering the location, I could see this thing getting torn down in few years to give way to another condo.

^How I can you possibly see that? Look how narrow the site is. The only way it would work would be to redevelop the Bond Hotel property or build a high end boutique building. Unfortunately, this new piece is here to stay.

Back