386     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 486     0 

Haave we become vain/self-absorbed?

genkav

Member Bio
Reaction score
this irks me a lot.

i understand that the internet has opened up doors for people to do things they wouldn't be able to achieve, but cut throat industry's like modeling are there for a reason.

now we can rate who is hot or not with the click of a button, and scorn those for even trying to model. everyone wants to be famous. that's the problem.

i was reading this article, and it really just irked me that people would fight for attention so hard. why does everyone want to be famous?

has the internet made us more vain than ever before??

i should probably make a poll or something..

I don't think it's just the internet, though it has helped. NA culture is generally quite celebrity obsessed, and has been for a long time. The internet has just made it easier for anyone to try.

it's sad really. never before have we seen so many people that do nothing in life be famous for doing just that.

myspace has made it so that anyone with enough "friends" has some sort of marketing power. tila tequila, etc. they do nothing...have no real talents, and just look dumbfounded.

i hand it to fysh though, i mean they're opening doors and letting people vote on who will be the face of the brand.

If spending 60 mins a day ensuring the slickest m'fcken linebeard in the GTA and spraying AXXE on my skin like it going out of style is vain/self absorbed then I'm guilty as charged baby

They were loudmouths in bars.

haha. Like the guys that hang outside Centro. I walk by several evenings a week taking the air and feel most inadequate:(. They speak in loud voices and wave their cigars and smile and pat-each-other-on-back-self-congratulatory as they say nice things about each others [mostly leased] cars parked out front. [I checked the license plate surrounds] haha:)

I believe the world is more vain and self-absorbed because of mass media marketing and instant communication. Every yin has its yang, and every positive has its unintended side effects.

Does that mean I'd trade my internet and modern life for a country bumpkin naivety atmosphere? Not on my life.

I believe the world is more vain and self-absorbed because of mass media marketing and instant communication.

The world? That's a bit of a stretch when a good chunk of the global population has not internet or TV - or even electricity.

Who cares if some people are vain or self-absorbed. If any individual acts out too much, most people notice it pretty quickly.

Back