News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 367     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 940     1 

Gusto 501 (501 King St E, 4s, Partisans)

I was surprised there is no elevator for a five storey new building. Isn’t this a code requirement?

I was surprised there is no elevator for a five storey new building. Isn’t this a code requirement?
Apparently because the ground floor is accessible it is not needed. We will accommodate anyone who would like to try the food or drinks from other levels and bring it down for them.

it is very unfortunate though. I hate the stairs, having torun up and down with food and drinks is the worst!

Apparently because the ground floor is accessible it is not needed. We will accommodate anyone who would like to try the food or drinks from other levels and bring it down for them.

it is very unfortunate though. I hate the stairs, having torun up and down with food and drinks is the worst!
Having no elevator in new space seems like a STUPID omission - it may not be required but .....

1583250296699.png

So here we have 5 distinct publicly-accessible levels separated by stairs, and another 6th private level (basement).

And Partisans' own website describes the project as over 600m2:

1583250360029.png

I believe either of these factors alone would trigger a requirement for an elevator in the building. What am I missing here?

Back