News   Apr 25, 2024
 56     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Gusto 501 (501 King St E, 4s, Partisans)

A friend and I walked by on Saturday night. We both live in the neighbourhood and will definitely go try it out, but wondered if it will do well.

The location is a bit odd, tucked away near the overpass without significant retail / residential in the immediate area. On the other hand, there is very little in terms of dining in Corktown and the population is increasing steadily.

I sure hope it's bumping, because their pizza at the other Gusto is fantastic and affordable!

I think it'll do well. There's plenty of parking and it's easy to get too.

This looks rather excellent. Pics from @mhaldenby on Instagram.

6E822D25-D478-44EB-B23E-8C0D94CD9208.jpeg
36AE7E98-9B6D-4065-96C0-2312E1B6A863.jpeg
76694645-8569-406D-9B86-2BE613B9517F.jpeg
15D8788B-74AD-40D2-88AB-87BC18177C0D.jpeg
4015748F-F453-452F-8059-378D5240BA65.jpeg
88726971-578A-4EB5-BDB7-AD5B98A52BB1.jpeg

It certainly LOOKS good but I am a bit wary of all the (apparently) hard surfaces; I refuse to go to (or stay in) restaurants where I simply cannot hear my companion speak. Reports??
Hopefully open this week. Apparently the city has been super annoying with the building permits. Like any restaurant it gets loud but you can definitely hear the person you are dining with perfectly. Floors are split up to break the noise.

Day and night.... and some gastronomic delights at Gusto. Popped in last night, and they squeezed us in, despite being fully booked during their soft opening. Family and friends $35 discount was a nice surprise. Perhaps we fall under the friends of friends of friends category? Yes it was pretty loud but quieter in the upper sections. Official opening next Tuesday.

Gusto1.jpg

Saturday morning tweaking inside...and presumably external supports will hold future signage?

Gusto2.jpg

Gusto3.jpg

Gusto4.jpg

Gusto5.jpg

Gusto6.jpg

Last edited:
I visited for lunch on the weekend. It's a nice addition to the street and should contribute to the moderate buzz of Corktown, along with the new Terroni operation around the corner on Sackville.

20200208_192114.jpg

From February 8th.

Was happy to see the restaurant was quite full, food was as good as you'd expect, and dollar an ounce wine is always an easy sell. Loved the inside I think Partisans did an awesome job here, just as they did at Quetzal.

The rooftop will definitely be an attraction in nicer weather, I look forward to coming back.

I visited for lunch on the weekend. It's a nice addition to the street and should contribute to the moderate buzz of Corktown, along with the new Terroni operation around the corner on Sackville.

Speaking of the upcoming Terroni on Sackville, I'd like to see the Thruway Muffler at the corner there redeveloped someday. That along with a few underused/parking lots along this stretch of King East. Great Gulf's large Home project and the developments south of here by Dream/Kilmer, Alterra, etc. surrounding the Distillery DIstrict should help gradually build up a larger critical mass of residents and increase local pedestrian traffic.

Hopefully open this week. Apparently the city has been super annoying with the building permits. Like any restaurant it gets loud but you can definitely hear the person you are dining with perfectly. Floors are split up to break the noise.
Have you been working there? I had dinner there tonight. Excellent food, company, and an extraordinary space!

Back