News   Apr 23, 2024
 234     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 362     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1K     0 

GTHA Transit Fare Integration

No TTC fare integration with GO, no local transit fare integration between local transit agencies.
That has been available for a while. Every 905 transit agency honours each other's fares within a 2h time limit. If you tap on at an Oakville Transit bus, and somehow tap on a YRT bus within 2 hours, that transfer will be free. The exception to this is of course the TTC.

So there was a question asked in the press conference asked about toronto integration, and apparently negotiations are still ongoing.
1646145947718.jpeg

"Ongoing."

So there was a question asked in the press conference asked about toronto integration, and apparently negotiations are still ongoing.
It'd actually make sense to include the TTC if this is for the upcoming election.
Integration benefits the outer 416, which are the swing ridings.

If your trip on YRT start or end at a GO Train Station, set a default trip with the minimum price ($3.70), then you will save $0.18 when you tap on at the GO Train station and don't ride the train.

To me that suggests that the TTC isn't willing to take the hit in revenue without some form of compensation...which IO and TTC likely disagree on is fair.
Some routes for York Region Transit is operated by the private sector. The farebox recovery is 40%, which means that 60% is subsidized by the region.

The TTC has a farebox recovery of 68.0%, which means the city subsidies covers 32%.

Well it's not full integration but it's a good start. As far as the TTC not being including, I bet that has more to do with the TTC & Toronto than it does with QP. The TTC has never shown any interest in fare integration.

I am, however, a little lost on how it would work. If I'm going from Ancaster to Union than my HSR fare is effectively gone which is great but what happens if I am going from Ancaster to Square One? Again the HSR fare is gone but would I still have to pay for the MISS fare from Port Credit to SO?

I also see Pick & Anjax weren't included or are they included via Durham Transit overall?

It maybe something more significant. The Minister of Ed is from Miss as stated so she maybe there strictly for the photo-op. There is an election coming soon so i don't think she would want to miss it regardless if it is under her jurisdiction or not.
Minister of Education Stephen Lecce represents King-Vaughan. Minister of Transportation Caroline Mulroney represents York-Simcoe.

I am, however, a little lost on how it would work. If I'm going from Ancaster to Union than my HSR fare is effectively gone which is great but what happens if I am going from Ancaster to Square One? Again the HSR fare is gone but would I still have to pay for the MISS fare from Port Credit to SO?
The local transit on both ends of your trip will now be free. If you make that trip before March 14, it would be 60¢ for HSR, 80¢ for MiWay, and ~$9 for the GO portion.

Back