News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 566     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 862     0 

Great Films! Comment or Suggest Some....

Chinatown truly is a master piece. I love Roman Polanski and this film noir will not disappoint.

sleuth pulp fiction and all the presidents men are my favourite films i highly reccomend them

Pulp Fiction comes out on Blu ray tomorrow (Tuesday). A crappy version has been available through Alliance in Canada only, but the US version through Lionsgate/Miramax (first time available on blu ray in the USA) has been remastered in full 1080p supervised by Tarantino himself and also includes a DTS HD Master 5.1 Audio soundtrack. Tons of extra bonus features/featurettes are also included with this release. I can't wait!

Last edited:
Pulp Fiction comes out on Blu ray tomorrow (Tuesday). A crappy version has been available through Alliance in Canada only, but the US version through Lionsgate/Miramax version (first time available on blu ray in the USA) has been remastered in full 1080p supervised by Tarantino himself and also includes a DTS HD Master 5.1 Audio soundtrack. Tons of extra bonus features/featurettes are also included with this release. I can't wait!

awesome! its a great film

Too bad he is a convicted rapist and pedophile.

Sadly. He also made one of the greatest horror films ever, Rosemary's Baby.

Too bad he is a convicted rapist and pedophile.

Sadly. He also made one of the greatest horror films ever, Rosemary's Baby.

who cares about his personal life, we are talking movies. I think he is one of the best directors around.

Few of my favorites are
Requiem for a dream
Irreversible
The Dark Night ( cause of Heath Ledger)
The Shawshank Redemption

Few of my favorites are
Requiem for a dream
Irreversible
The Dark Night ( cause of Heath Ledger)
The Shawshank Redemption

Good list, but I never got The Shawshank Redemption's huge popularity. It's a good movie, however being hailed as a modern masterpiece is more credit than it deserves IMO.

I caught that too, I'm a huge Leone fan. "Once Upon a Time in the West" was on HDNET or MPIX last week in HD, it looked pretty good but really needs a full-out restoration like "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly".

Also, the Bell Lightbox is playing Kubrick's classic "2001: A Space Odyssey" until January 5th in a new 70MM road-show print brought up from the US which we saw tonight. I don't think that the screen is big enough for a film like this but that said there's no better way to see this film than on a movie screen in 70MM and chances are it won't be shown like this again. The last time it played Toronto in 70MM (using a beat up, faded print) was 1983 or 1984 for one week run at the late, great University Theatre so it's been a while.
Highly recommended. If your a fan than it's a must see movie event.

2001-2.jpg

The Bell Lightbox is bringing back "2001: A Space Odyssey" in 70MM from December 25th to January 3rd, nightly at 8:00pm. This is the restored version from a new 70MM print that was struck a few years ago and is in pretty good condition if it's the same print that I saw last winter. Although the screen at the Lightbox isn't near large enough for this movie (IMO) it's still so much more impressive than watching a good DVD or blu ray copy of it at home, it's one of those movies that really deserves to be seen on a movie screen with great sound.

Up in the Air with George Clooney is a really great film for me!!! The human can take some useful lessons from this film to really life.

For anyone on the board here who may have been too young to see Titanic in a cinema, GO! This is one of those rare "must see on a big screen" films and now is your chance. If you THINK you've seen Titanic on video, DVD or PPV you haven't, this film works so much better on a giant screen. The 3D conversion is pretty good - no, surprisingly good, but it's not the reason to go. I originally saw it first show opening day at the Eglinton Theatre with excellent projection and THX sound but it never looked and sounded as good as it does now with a crisp digital picture with better colour and uncompressed digital sound. It looks and sounds great in IMAX but any big screen will do just fine, I've already seen it in both formats.

Edit, on a funny note, look what happened when Twitter discovered Titanic wasn't just a movie - bit.ly/Ic9HoT

Last edited:
I heard that the 3D was bad. I have no interest in paying to watch a 3D version. I'd rather just see a remastered version on the big screen in digital. So tired of this 3D scam!

Back