News   Nov 14, 2019
 359     1 
News   Nov 14, 2019
 1.2K     11 

Great Canadian Products

SunriseChampion

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yooooo, outlet store! Lay on me your woolens!

SunriseChampion

Member Bio
Reaction score
So I eat a lot of Ryvita flatbreads when I go camping as they don't spoil. They're made in England, which is fine. I'm an Anglophile so it works, but does anyone know of any similar flatbreads that are made here?

I also tend to eat a lot of tinned herring from Germany. I found one Canadian tinned herring brand at my local supermarket but it contains corn starch, which means I ain't interested.
Anyone know of any Canadian tinned herring brands?

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score

SunriseChampion

Member Bio
Reaction score

junctionist

Member Bio
Reaction score
Visited Tom’s Place in Kensington Market today for the first time. Bought a nice, made in Canada sports jacket. Good prices, excellent service and made in Canada products.

http://toms-place.com/
What was the brand? Coppley is Canadian and makes some great suits, although some stores like the Bay only carry their more traditional fits rather than their slimmer and more contemporary fits.

Admiral Beez

Member Bio
Reaction score
What was the brand? Coppley is Canadian and makes some great suits, although some stores like the Bay only carry their more traditional fits rather than their slimmer and more contemporary fits.
Jack Victor Studio.

http://www.jackvictor.com/

I really like the workmanship on the inside.

PinkLucy

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
"Quotidien Dijon"? I always have doubts about the quality of the product when the manufacturer couldn't be bothered to hire a professional translator for their labels.
Definitely a personal pet peeve as someone who once trained and aspired to be a professional translator.

SunriseChampion

Member Bio
Reaction score
Sunflower Kitchens make great products which happen to be vegan. I discovered them courtesy of an organic food delivery company (Mama Earth) and have been buying them for the past few years. http://www.sunflowerkitchen.com/
One of my best friends is a manager there. He brings our friend group free grub all the time. Buckets of soup and hummus.

Which reminds me....why'd I forget about them? hahahaa

Edit: Good news! They're expanding operations. At points last year they had more orders than they could fill. @PinkLucy

Last edited:

Northern Light

Member Bio
Reaction score
Update on availability of a couple of the products above.

Metro has started showcasing local products in many of its stores with a free floating low-rise shelving system.

Kozlik's is a prominent feature and is currently $4.99

Also

Belly Ice Cream is now available at all Coppa's locations

And look for a rollout to Sobeys in the not too distant future.