News   Apr 24, 2024
 248     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 336     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 668     1 

Graffiti

Well my garage been tagged again,we install a brand new door and two weeks after we installed the a holes wrote his signature on it....I have a whole case of spray paint that matches my garage door so every time that punk sprays it I will repaint it again.My neighbors are doing the same also,the more you let the tag stays in your neighborhood the worst it would become,we are also installing hidden night cameras on some of the garages to catch the punks red handed.Time to stop this BS about "freedom of expression" this is vandalism pure and simple.I voted for Ford...I will again at the next election.
But you should leave it as is because it adds to the character of the city and to your garage, and it helps stimulate the creative juices of these starving artists. :p

BTW, video surveillance cameras are becoming relatively inexpensive these days. You can even get ones that record several days worth of video on 8 GB secure digital cards, so you don't need any sort of centralized recording system or anything, but you run the risk of some smart criminal simply ripping the whole camera down, along with its SD flash card.

2011318-Ford-Graffiti.jpg

that is some dystopian looking cityscape right there.

This is probably going to help Ford legitimize everything he's doing in regards to graffiti and various crackdowns. I'd love to catch the degenerates who did that and tag their face with 'FUCK YOU VANDAL'.

This is a nice way to welcome people to Toronto. :mad:

Does anyone else find our city logo cheesey? Why is City Hall even our symbol? Most people in the city wouldn't think of it as the most iconic building in the city. It would make more sense to have the CN Tower in the logo. It's the first thing you think of when Toronto comes to mind. That font is also pretty boring. We should switch it to wing dings.

Does anyone else find our city logo cheesey? Why is City Hall even our symbol? Most people in the city wouldn't think of it as the most iconic building in the city. It would make more sense to have the CN Tower in the logo. It's the first thing you think of when Toronto comes to mind. That font is also pretty boring. We should switch it to wing dings.

City Hall is definitely among the top architectural icons of the city, and an architectural achievement which Torontonians have always been proud of. However, I agree that the city's logo could use an update or redesign because the current one is underwhelming. I'm partial to a traditional coat of arms, like the City of London, but something completely modern would work too. Picture a coat of arms on our street signs. It would help create an atmosphere of grandeur that would be appropriate for the national metropolis.

But you should leave it as is because it adds to the character of the city and to your garage, and it helps stimulate the creative juices of these starving artists. :p

BTW, video surveillance cameras are becoming relatively inexpensive these days. You can even get ones that record several days worth of video on 8 GB secure digital cards, so you don't need any sort of centralized recording system or anything, but you run the risk of some smart criminal simply ripping the whole camera down, along with its SD flash card.

Its wireless cameras and you barely notice them..our lane ways are well lite so the camera picks up everything in excellent detail.One is actually in a fake conduit box "rusted" so its angled so the whole lane way is covered and few more mounted on some tree branches that hangs over the top of the garage again barely noticeable in the day and at night the shadows covers them...we got our neighbors to cover some of the cost of the cameras and the digital recorder....they are tired of the taggers....

Actually that stencil of Rob Ford with the "Remove Me" sign is hilarious. I just had a huge wall of graffiti removed so I'm currently 100% graffiti free and easily winning the war in my area. I find that taggers are relying more and more on markers to do small tags rather then the big spraypaint stuff.

I'm thinking of creating my own funny ironic spray paint stencil. How about "Tagging was edgy in 1992". "Tagging defined: Big ego, small dick" Anyone else have any funny suggestions for me?

What the city should do is paint murals over graffti ridden hot spots. No one's going to spray paint over a mural as their work won't really be noticeable. Why don't we just ban the sale of graffiti? Screw these punks rights. They don't deserve them when they don't respect property that isn't theirs. The only ones we should be selling graffiti to are commissioned artists. If we're not going to ban it we should make it mandatory to have a license to purchase it. Does anyone know how to contact Rob Ford? Does he have a specific email address for questions/concerns?

Commissioning murals is actually not a bad idea. It's something that we saw with great success during the Miller years, so Ford is unlikely to be receptive of it, regardless of the plan's merit. And yes, the mayor does have a direct line that you can call (I'm sure someone can provide it), but honestly, don't expect a response to this kind of progressive thinking.

I'm in favour of dealing with tagging at a more local level: How the Beaches deal with graffiti: Spacing Toronto

Last edited:
I'm thinking of creating my own funny ironic spray paint stencil. How about "Tagging was edgy in 1992". "Tagging defined: Big ego, small dick" Anyone else have any funny suggestions for me?

A stencil of a dog raising its rear leg and pissing out a tag.

Tagging is truly the human equivalent of a dog "marking its territory" and is just as effective as showing ownership.

Interesting to note, from that article about the tagging of the mural in Leslieville - Paces appears.. It's the same co-author of this piece of art above the Gardiner:

11041318378aed8168afa216c1.jpg

Apparently a forumer back on SSC knows this guy personally:

From TheCanadianEuro

"From a perspective of a graffiti artist I can tell you that whatever Rob Ford's plans may be, this tagging, bombing, etching, burning, scratching, slapping, rolling and piecing is going to continue. If he destroys this incredibly valued part of the city the whole bunch will probably outrage and do whatever they can to keep it alive leading to more conflict.
Jaro and Paces are capable of much more this, being in an adreneline pumped hurry... the Toronto sign is extreme and for the same reason in the graffiti community, these guys are being hailed as heros. My thoughts exactly. Well done. That said thousands of people should not be exposed to a gaint "F*CK ROB FORD" but it sure is hilarious.

Anyway there will always be graffiti to tackle and this man has a long journey ahead of him."

So Paces is such a capable artist that he disrespects wonderful, actually artistic murals for his 'art' (read his pseudonym scribbled in spray paint). Adrenaline pumped hurry my ass.. These guys are degenerates not only for miring the logo of Toronto above a major approach to the city, but for destroying legitimate art.

Why don't we just ban the sale of graffiti? Screw these punks rights. They don't deserve them when they don't respect property that isn't theirs. The only ones we should be selling graffiti to are commissioned artists. If we're not going to ban it we should make it mandatory to have a license to purchase it.

Do you mean ban the selling of spray paint and other graffiti necessities like sharpie markers? They enacted such a ban in London, ON a couple of years ago with no noticeable impact. Personally, I think its a terrible idea. Its an ineffective and draconian bandaid solution. Its like banning the sale of guns only in Toronto to solve gun crime in Toronto. It just won't work and its completely misguided.

Back