2.7K     8 
News   Oct 18, 2024
 335     0 
News   Oct 18, 2024
 963     4 

Google Maps West Toronto Update

C

cdl42

Just thought some people would be interested to know that Google has finally updated its maps for the west end, south Etobicoke, and Mississauga. No more low-res images for south Etobicoke.

At least I had a low-res version of my street before...now it's completely obscured by a cloud.

Downtown

Downtown needs major updating. It's showing what seems to be a circa 2002 situation.

Re: Downtown

...and north york.

I do not live in a parking lot thank you very much

Until Google Maps came along I was excited to find aerial or satellite photos that were 10 years old and at a fraction of the resolution that Gmaps is. Counting how amazingly expensive the rights to satellite photos are, we are really pampered.

Heading over to the USGS website I see that aerial photos will put you back $54.00 US for one frame and Landsat satellite images will cost you $475.00 US each. Now, multiply that by multiple zoom levels and the surface of the entire earth.

Finally some updates! Too bad about the clouds - they are regrettable - but I am happy that both my home in Humber Bay and my sister's place in Port Credit are finally high res.

Good to see a much more up-to-date Pearson Airport too, although it's still no newer than 2005. It does mean though that wyliepoon's terminal one model needs to be reworked to accurately display the new international pier in Google Earth...

Back