Toronto Clear Spirit | 131.36m | 40s | Cityscape | a—A

To me though, the larger problem is...besides the distillery restaurants and shops...what else is there in terms of a neighbourhood? You're in the middle of nowhere. Closest grocery store you have to drive to or cross a major artery. No bars, clubs, smaller restos, galleries, theatres, video stores, etc. within easy walking distance. The distillery district itself is very small and I'd go insane living there.

They just opened a Sobey's two blocks away on Front St. Also, Dominion and St. Lawrence Market are both within 10-15 minutes of walking without having to cross Lakeshore. Same for Rogers video and Rainbow theatres. There are lots of bars and restos along Esplanade or King St. Union station itself is only 20 min by foot or 8 min by bus on weekdays. Plus with the west don lands project in progress (and east bayfront in the distant future) the area is only going to become more connected to the city. That's why I didn't mind buying there but we will have to see once I actually move in. July 15 occupancy date to answer someone's previous question on the 5th floor of the podium.

They just opened a Sobey's two blocks away on Front St. Also, Dominion and St. Lawrence Market are both within 10-15 minutes of walking without having to cross Lakeshore. Same for Rogers video and Rainbow theatres. There are lots of bars and restos along Esplanade or King St. Union station itself is only 20 min by foot or 8 min by bus on weekdays. Plus with the west don lands project in progress (and east bayfront in the distant future) the area is only going to become more connected to the city. That's why I didn't mind buying there but we will have to see once I actually move in. July 15 occupancy date to answer someone's previous question on the 5th floor of the podium.

6 min walk to Betty's Pub on King St as well!!!

To me though, the larger problem is...besides the distillery restaurants and shops...what else is there in terms of a neighbourhood? You're in the middle of nowhere. Closest grocery store you have to drive to or cross a major artery. No bars, clubs, smaller restos, galleries, theatres, video stores, etc. within easy walking distance.

You cannot be serious.

ALL of those things you mentioned are within throwing distance.

Are you sure you're talking about the same part of town?

I went by there just yesterday and it seems to be coming along very well. Congrats to those who are moving in to this area. I really enjoy coming here once in a while; Although, yesterday I noticed that lot of businesses in the area seems to be changing hands quite frequently except for the Balzac coffee house which in my opinion is best place to come for nice cup of latte. I hope with all the new developments around including the West Donlands and the East Bayfront that the businesses fare better.

April 29

Looking south. Getting ready to install the glass on the upper floors. The ground floor is almost finished with "X's" on all the windows.
2453317732_eb4734fd23_b.jpg

Looking north.
2453317736_a82860e897_b.jpg

2453317746_c1fe1c253f_b.jpg

Render of the ground floor retail level.
2453317764_0cb74a5aae_b.jpg

2453317808_0e4b78d3f4_b.jpg

The triangular spaces look like they would make ideal meditation/yoga rooms or even small greenhouses.

There was a Distillery District insert in the Toronto Star yesterday. I looked at the map and saw the following businesses are slotted in for the ground floor of the new condo tower:

- Fresh & Wild (entrances on both the Distillery and Mill St.)
- TD Bank (seems to front only onto Mill St.)
- Segway (moving across the laneway from their old spot)
- Artimede (apparently an upscale lighting/decor shop)
- Julie M Gallery
- Meta Gallery

6 or 7 other units are greyed out, not leased yet I guess.

no doubt that view from the south (train / Gardiner) is likely the best right now. We'll have to be patient as the blocks to the north and west fill up to get some balanced views from other angles....

There was a Distillery District insert in the Toronto Star yesterday. I looked at the map and saw the following businesses are slotted in for the ground floor of the new condo tower:

- Fresh & Wild (entrances on both the Distillery and Mill St.)
- TD Bank (seems to front only onto Mill St.)
- Segway (moving across the laneway from their old spot)
- Artimede (apparently an upscale lighting/decor shop)
- Julie M Gallery
- Meta Gallery

6 or 7 other units are greyed out, not leased yet I guess.

Artemide used to be in King West on Adelaide. It's a modern Italian lighting store.

Back