News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 805     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Announcement tomorrow. Not sure if it's service related though.

Stan Cho, Associate Minister of Transportation, will make an announcement. He will be joined by Phil Verster, President and Chief Executive Officer of Metrolinx, as well as Peel-area MPPs Kaleed Rasheed and Hardeep Grewal.
Date: Thursday, September 22, 2022
Time: Remarks at 9:30 a.m. A media availability will follow.
Livestream: A recording of the announcement will be available online after the event.

Could it be fare integration between GO, TTC, and 905 transit systems?? 😲

You kidding? Only the associate minister is showing up, along with two other stooges from Mississauga, and Verster. Perhaps money for a study for the Milton Line, or finding yet another thing to name for Canada’s most overrated mayor.

You kidding? Only the associate minister is showing up, along with two other stooges from Mississauga, and Verster. Perhaps money for a study for the Milton Line, or finding yet another thing to name for Canada’s most overrated mayor.
Let’s be real, Milton is as far off as fare integration.

I'm not always right. It's just a guess. Two of the MPPs attending this remark represents ridings in Peel that borders Toronto, and in those ridings, there are often riders that have to pay another fare if they want to transfer to TTC at VMC, Humber College, or Kipling station.

Given it’s only the associate minister, my bet is its one extra bus a day or something

No BT or MiWay representation, and no municipal pols, so unlikely to be fare integration.

My bet - just a celebration of Bramalea GO being mostly finished.

- Paul

No BT or MiWay representation, and no municipal pols, so unlikely to be fare integration.

My bet - just a celebration of Bramalea GO being mostly finished.

- Paul
Bramalea GO is already finished and also one of the MPP that will attend this remark represents Mississauga Cooksville and the other MPP that represents Brampton East does not include Bramalea GO. Just wait and see tomorrow.

This is the 3rd time in so many weeks I'm riding on Lakeshore east and the passenger alarm is not in service in certain cars as per announcements.

Shouldn't this be a basic requirement for the car to be in service?
Taking the entire train out of service for one emergency alarm deactivation is just asking for a train/equipment shortage.

Back