News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 621     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 899     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Screenshot_20220118-115303_Twitter.jpg

For some reason this train is scheduled 6 minutes later to leave Kitchener but the arrival time to Union is the same.
I notice EB is scheduled at 15 minutes between Kitchener and Guelph for just today instead of 21

And WB is scheduled at 20 minutes instead of 24 for just today.

Last edited:
View attachment 375363
For some reason this train is scheduled 6 minutes later to leave Kitchener but the arrival time to Union is the same.
I notice EB is scheduled at 15 minutes between Kitchener and Guelph for just today instead of 21

And WB is scheduled at 20 minutes instead of 24 for just today.
Looks like the schedules on the trip planner have been updated to reflect the Guelph speed increases with
Kitchener- Guelph Eastbound taking 17 minutes instead of 21 minutes and Westbound taking 20 minutes instead of 24

Eastbound The departure time at Kitchener is 6 minutes later. At Guelph 2 minutes later and Acton is 2 minutes later with Georgetown onwards being at the old times

Going westbound Mount Pleasant to Georgetown is 1 minute faster with
Georgetown-Acton being 1 minute faster and Acton- Guelph also being 1 minute faster but with Kitchener having a 7 minute earlier arrival.

Last edited:
Fun fact: one of my friends that has lived in Brampton for 20+ years didn't know that there was a train to downtown Toronto. So they always drove downtown or to the subway at finch.
Although, as someone that spent their teens and very early 20s in Brampton, I'd say the GO bus services from Bramalea to Yorkdale/York Mills are well known and used by Brampton youth. The rush-hour only GO trains, and frankly, the location of Bramalea (rail) station, didn't make it attractive for many unless they already had some downtown office job or university classes that matched that.

Service Cuts for GO:

Highlights (or I guess Lowlights):
  • Weekend Service on Barrie and Stouffville Lines now only served by busses
  • LSE and LSW weekend service now hourly
  • Weekend service to Niagara Falls Discontinued
  • Weekday Service on LSW and LSE now half hourly, service to West Harbour still Hourly
  • London Line train now departs 8 minutes later (now there's a silver lining, I assume this is due to the Guelph Speed upgrades)
  • Stouffville and Barrie Line trains retain most midday service, however evening service after 9pm now replaced by busses. To compensate, extra trains to Allandale and Old Elm are provided.
  • There were a few schedule changes to trains to Kitchener, but I don't know enough about those services to comment on them

Yes, it will never a "nice" walk across Steeles and through the lot....but i get the sense that people are just trying to make the best of a situation that we inherited (region wide not just Brampton) of commuter train stations in industrial areas served by wide roads. It is what it is...and if we don't do this kind of rezoning because it is not perfect...we might as well just give up here and build a couple more parking garages and tell people to just drive to the station. :)
I do wonder, though, if that whole rezoning on the NW side of Steeles/Bramalea goes through and the residential/mixed use community replaces the current old industrial land if we can 'soften" the walk/connection to the train station with some sort of pathway under Steeles at the west end (roughly where I draw in red here.

1643131898312.png

Service Cuts for GO:

Highlights (or I guess Lowlights):
  • Weekend Service on Barrie and Stouffville Lines now only served by busses
  • LSE and LSW weekend service now hourly
  • Weekend service to Niagara Falls Discontinued
  • Weekday Service on LSW and LSE now half hourly, service to West Harbour still Hourly
  • London Line train now departs 8 minutes later (now there's a silver lining, I assume this is due to the Guelph Speed upgrades)
  • Stouffville and Barrie Line trains retain most midday service, however evening service after 9pm now replaced by busses. To compensate, extra trains to Allandale and Old Elm are provided.
  • There were a few schedule changes to trains to Kitchener, but I don't know enough about those services to comment on them
How temporary is this?
When I clicked "more information" on the schedule page, it just refreshed the same page.

I just got an online survey about transit (I get Petro Points for playing). Despite answering that I haven't used any transit since, well, forever, and live in a rural area, it proceeded to ask me all sorts of questions about GO, Metrolinz, UPX, etc. and how I feel about their service. I finally exited. Surveys are weird.

I just got an online survey about transit (I get Petro Points for playing). Despite answering that I haven't used any transit since, well, forever, and live in a rural area, it proceeded to ask me all sorts of questions about GO, Metrolinz, UPX, etc. and how I feel about their service. I finally exited. Surveys are weird.
We must belong to the same survey panel. I got the same survey and also, despite having used GO once since the pandemic started, was asked a long list of questions.

We must belong to the same survey panel. I got the same survey and also, despite having used GO once since the pandemic started, was asked a long list of questions.
Ya, I hate it when they start asking about 'did x make me feel valued', or ' was x an important part of your experience'. It's a damned toaster from Canadian Tire!

I did something similar, but I collect VIA Preference points. They add up for the occasional trip to Montreal or Ottawa.

Back