News   Apr 25, 2024
 217     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 435     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

https://www.gotransit.com/en/trip-planning/fares/fare-changes

Actual new fares for each line have been posted.
$3.70 is the price for ALL stations within 10km, throughout the whole system.
The only thing not clear with these charts is for trips that may be traveling through Union.
To be honest, reduced fare for all trips less than 10km is much better than the previous plan for $3 within Toronto as it removes most of the benefits of people from the 905 driving and parking to Toronto GO stations. Although not all people within Toronto can get to Union Station on a "flat fare". I think 20km would be the next logical step for fare reductions. At least it's an improvement (I copy and pasted this quite quickly and roughly):
GvBKGKK.png

Now that makes it only one more price-equalization step (by 2025) to put TTC and GO at price parity for short / urban trips.

When Stoney Creek GO station opens (Confederation GO), $3.70 to commute between two ends of Hamilton also becomes an additional viable option to the Hamilton LRT too. (Depending on the frequency of the GO trains).

We'll need better transit connections to the Confederation GO station as well, maybe even a one-stop B-Line LRT extension northwards, to connect the GO station.

To be honest, reduced fare for all trips less than 10km is much better than the previous plan for $3 within Toronto as it removes most of the benefits of people from the 905 driving and parking to Toronto GO stations. Although not all people within Toronto can get to Union Station on a "flat fare". I think 20km would be the next logical step for fare reductions. At least it's an improvement (I copy and pasted this quite quickly and roughly):
GvBKGKK.png
How is Georgetown-Acton less than Acton to Guelph, despite both being relatively the same distance and having the same fares before.

Verster noted in his CEO updated at the Metrolinx board meeting that two more "services that we have [will] increased [increase]" for LSE are coming and the operations team are running "ghost trains" to test it and by the "end of this week" they should be confident. He indicated that an announcement is coming. Video time marked to when he said it.

^ There's a problem with Verster's statement at 10:20..."fund fully" is far from the case. I'm not going to make an accusations of wilful misleading, but what is clear is that Verster is not good for his statements.

Perhaps he misspoke...he seems to be doing that a lot lately...

Edit to Clarify: His "fund fully" was in reference to the Ontario Line. That wasn't just a small slip of the tongue, it's a whopper...

Last edited:
GvBKGKK.png
Long Branch to Union is definitely 10km+ but it gets almost $1 reduced. (Not complaining)

Really weird that Oriole -> Union went UP in price, but Old Cummer/Langstaff->Oriole went down.

I guess they really want to force people to use the Sheppard Subway to justify its existence.

No worries, us people crammed in on Line 1 will just suck in our guts a bit more...

Really weird that Oriole -> Union went UP in price, but Old Cummer/Langstaff->Oriole went down.

I guess they really want to force people to use the Sheppard Subway to justify its existence.

No worries, us people crammed in on Line 1 will just suck in our guts a bit more...

It's not like anyone's transferring at Oriole anyway.

Back