News   Mar 28, 2024
 258     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 634     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 376     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Good catch! I'll swear I tried that yesterday ... perhaps I did MMDD instead of DDMM ....

Oh and 3 the evening trains to Unionville in each direction are gone - they'd already announced this ... for construction.

Which leaves an unfortunate southbound gap between 3:46 pm and 9:01 pm. And still no northbound in AM peak.

That line - and Georgetown, would be a lot more useful if they could get some reverse peak trains.
There should be at least one more north bound train between 15:11 and 16:18...

There's some tweaks on other schedules, particularly on university GO runs. Some other (random) highlights are:
  • an extra peak train to and from Pickering on Lakeshore West.
  • They've added 5 minutes to the daily westbound Niagara Falls GO Train ... now takes 152 minutes instead of 147 minutes. St. Catharines is 127 minutes now ... or 126 minutes if you take the Train/bus combo instead.
  • The Victoria Day and summer (June 22 to Labour Day) weekend Niagara Falls trains are back - and they still appear to skip Hamilton West Harbour.
There's no Lakeshore West, Milton, or Richmond Hill schedules up. Not sure if they are saving for some announcement, or there are no changes; I'd guess the latter.

Kitchener Line?

Kitchener too! A new local from Bramalea in the morning and the oddball Malton trip extended to Bramalea. The Kitchener/Georgetown trips flanking these aren't being made express though, I assume until the elevators are finished at Bramalea.

Kitchener Line?
I couldn't see any changes of note. Perhaps some bus tweaks. But I was only quickly skimming.

Kitchener too! A new local from Bramalea in the morning and the oddball Malton trip extended to Bramalea. The Kitchener/Georgetown trips flanking these aren't being made express though, I assume until the elevators are finished at Bramalea.
Ah! I missed those! I wish there was an earlier westbound though, to get out of the city during rush hour, other than using the GO Bus stuck in traffic.

I couldn't see any changes of note. Perhaps some bus tweaks. But I was only quickly skimming.

Ah! I missed those! I wish there was an earlier westbound though, to get out of the city during rush hour, other than using the GO Bus stuck in traffic.
Would it be possible to put a screenshot of the new schedules?

^ Sorry now I'm on the same page. The "Malton oddball" was an eastbound train. Old: left Malton at 0833. New: Leaves Bramalea at 0827 and stops at Malton at 0833.

Last edited:
Thanks. And the link to the new schedule is working for me. Here's a screenshot of the "odd ball" Malton trip being extended to Bramalea. Guess they got permission to do this from CN.
Going back to the current westbound schedule, I don't see any trains not stopping in Bramalea. I don't see any on the previous January schedule either.

They are (in April) changing the arrival times for some of the 16:32 departure ... it will be 5 minutes earlier by the time it get's to Bramalea.

Is there a particular run you are thinking about ... perhaps I'm blind.

February 13, 2019

Not at all, I think maybe your browser catched it?
Does't seem to be caching here. I've tried a completely different computer on a different network, and the PDF works there too. And then I tried my Android phone, and it downloads the PDF despite never having been near it before.

Last edited:
^ Sorry now I'm on the same page. The "Malton oddball" was an eastbound train. Old: left Malton at 0833. New: Leaves Bramalea at 0827 and stops at Malton at 0833.

Last edited:
Ah yes. I see that now. Hey, and there's a completely new Bramalea non-express to Union at 7:55 AM as well - perhaps someone else mentioned. That makes the service about 15 minutes at all stations from Bramalea to Union from 7:40 AM to 8:35 AM.

I'm still eager to see some reverse peak service though. Along with the long broken promise for evening/weekend service.

Back